Back from vet Update.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Wood turtles have the most expressive faces. Very cute turtle!

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
It's an injury from a heat lamp she bumped up against. That's been fixed. She's under Dr. Care. I disinfect daily with dilute iodine then debride,apply silver sulfadiazine. The new growth is hard and the other parts of her shell and between have all hardened up!!!
I'm very pleased though looks like the scute in front of the original burned one is lifting and may be lost also.i feel terrible about this
She was outside this summer and in the fall I notified the problem again. It actually is a year since her first round of treatment. I thought she was good till I noticed the second one lifting. ;( she still eats like a piglet and is friendly acting normal in every other way. Just shows things can get out of control easily!!!
That is a pic from three weeks ago with the silver sulfadiazine cream on her!!

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
Wood turtles have the most expressive faces. Very cute turtle!
Thanks!! He's a card he does the stomp also!! Especially in the spring when he's wanting his worms!! He's housed in the basement when it's evening or winter and we can hear the steady stomping!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad she is healing. I wonder though why it would then lift the other scute. Possibly damage under scute that couldn't be seen. @Yvonne G may have some more advice on what can be done. She has rehabbed many.

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
this is the area I'm now concerned with it looks like new growth but almost looks like a stacking affect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    925.5 KB · Views: 24

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
This pic is of her shell I've been working on for three weeks!! Be iodine washes then silver sulfadiazine applied to scutes that were damaged and lifting. Original injury burn from heat lamp, then the scute in front started lifting. Everything has hardened up hoping new growth continues and groves between scutes fill in. Any thoughts??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

Marci_redfoot

Kansas City
Aww poor baby!! I'm so scared of that happening to Marci. Shells heal slowly sometimes, but she'll get through it.
Lots of love to you and Sparky!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
GingrrBee
Good luck with the healing process, good thst u had a follow-up vet visit. Did the heat lamp fall into your tort's enclosure, or was it just too close to the substrate and tort didnt move away? Just want to help others to keep this from occurring. Thanks