Baby tortoise

Franklin2020

Location (City and/or State)
Chandler AZ
How can I find a home for a small Russian tortoise? Where are you allowed to advertise to sell it? We spent close to $400 on tortoise, supplies, food, etc. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Why would you spend $400 on a Russian tort when you can go to fish and game and get a desert tort ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry, but new members aren't allowed to use our for sale thread until they've been participating here a while.

Because we want to encourage new members to participate in our conversations, and not to just use the forum for buying/selling/etc. we have adopted a 100 post rule. New members must have participated in at least 100 posts before they can avail themselves of the classified threads.

You can always sell the tortoise and supplies on craigslist.com, or in the newspaper.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just wanted to point out that the Russian tortoise is a small species. The U.S. has a 4" regulation where pet shops can't sell tortoises unless they're at least 4" front to back in a straight line. By the time a Russian tortoise gets up to 4" he's about 6 or 8 years of age, so not a baby.