baby tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainman69

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson Az
I adopted a desert tort in may. When i was tending the pen this morning i found this little guy wandering around.baby tort 002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How exciting!!! Your adopted tortoise must be a female and she dug a nest without you knowing. Look for a dime sized hole in the ground and you might find 3 more babies inside. If you can't find the nest, you might find them wandering around in the pen. Hope you find them before the birds do.

Yvonne

Madortoise

5 Year Member
How neat. The baby tort looks very bright colored. I guess they get faded as they grow older?

M

Maggie Cummings

They are so pretty when they are babies then as they age they lose all their color and become a sort of gray...But they have serious regal faces. Look at the one here...

"I need help to identify this beautiful creature".

I don't know how to find a number of the thread I've looked all over and I don't see any numbers, but that's the heading then there's pictures of a beautiful regal adult...

M

Maggie Cummings

That's just it, I don't have any numbers anywhere on the page...Not up nor down...no numbers anywhere, believe me, I looked carefully...:p

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Did you find more of them, Rainman69?
I'd love to see another pix of size comparison to something we can judge like a quarter?

M

Maggie Cummings

duh!!! does everybody now know how stupid I am????

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hey, it just took me a few minutes to find that "across the top" location too, and I already knew I was technologically handicapped!

Rainman69

5 Year Member
Tucson Az
Sorry it took so long to reply. I had not seen him for awhile and thought maybe it didn't make it. We had marked it with a small red dot and it is the only one i found. Here's a pic next to a quarter.tort 1 004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Rainman69 said:
Sorry it took so long to reply. I had not seen him for awhile and thought maybe it didn't make it. We had marked it with a small red dot and it is the only one i found. Here's a pic next to a quarter.

cool. Thanks for the pix. I hope you see him again and that he is well.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.