Baby Sulcata Urinating ans deficating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpirate

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central New York
This is probably strange but how can I tell if my Petrie is urinating and pooping. he hasn't gone is his soaks or water as far as I can tel and with the color of the substrate I can't see a thing. I'm just wondering how I know that he is going and there is nothing wrong?

He is eating and moving around plus gets outdoor time everyday so he seems ok.

Thank you in advance for the help.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You probably won't see any pee, unless he does it in the soak and that's only right away you can see the yellowish ting swirling in the water. The poop should be big enough to see in the substrate, although mine always goes in his soak, so I don't really know how easy it would be to find:D. If everything else with him is fine, eating, activity, etc., he probably is doing his duty and your just not finding it.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
what type of substrate are you using? could be that the poop is blending into the substrate and the pee, well unless there is urates it would be hard to know.

jason g.

5 Year Member
Tom said:
They are infamous for eating it too. Does he ever look like he's wearing dark green or black lipstick?

It's gross but so true. I flipped out the first couple of times I seen it. Everyone flips on there ability to recycle there food. Yuck lol

pinkpirate

5 Year Member
Central New York
dmarcus said:
what type of substrate are you using? could be that the poop is blending into the substrate and the pee, well unless there is urates it would be hard to know.

I am using the coco coir as a substrate so it is pretty dark.

Tom- Nope I haven't seen any strange lipstick colors on him either. Maybe he is just going when I take him outside.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
The first time my baby went several days without a poop it had me worried. Three days I went just wondering what could be wrong. One morning I decided that I would soak him until he pooped. Took 45 minutes, but it worked. I had to keep a eye on the water temp and change it when it got too cool. Back then he was small enough that I could soak him in small plastic tubs. I would have him soaking in one and get the water ready in a second one so I could transfer him.

Status
Not open for further replies.