Baby Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvenegas

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Milwaukee, WI
Update on Baby Clay....He was not doing so well recently but after changing his substrate and a soak in some baby food he is doing great! What a difference. He is all over the place. One question though...is it ok if he were to ingest a little of the coconut substrate? It's kind of getting all over the place, including his food and water.

tortoise-kid

5 Year Member
I'm glad to hear he is doing better! :D But about your question usually when tortoises come into new environments they tend to explore it by eating it. So the little guy well probably eat a little bit of it for a while and thats okay. But in your case I would avoid allowing him to ingest LARGE amounts.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
You could try putting some flat stones or slate around the water dish, or some frog moss...or any kind of moss. Doing this will keep the water dish cleaner .....for a while anyway. :D

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
I use a piece of tile, a large piece under the uvb and thats also where I put his food, seems the best place because the coir can get into everything, I put rocks around the tile and his water spot so he doesnt track the coir into thoses areas

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
to add to the great advice already given....if he is into munching the new coir then just be certain to keep soaking him to assure he is hydrated and keep things moving along :p:p:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.