Awww, I really want a leopard gecko...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, NY
I've been researching leopard geckos for 2 months, and i really want one, but my fiance is so grossed out by them. He said they look evil lol....that sucks!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know about evil, maybe he needs to see a really colorful one...

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
dalano73 said:
I don't know about evil, maybe he needs to see a really colorful one...

I showed him a lot of pictures and I saw a pretty one in petco(just to show him) and he took one look and moved 30 ft away lol.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
You might need to work on your negotiation skills :D You should have showed him a monitor first, and then "settled" for a leopard gecko.

They are a great lizard to keep and easy. A 20 gallon tank with some decoration and hides and they're happy. Did you want a particular type or a regular-ish one?

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
jaizei said:
You might need to work on your negotiation skills :D You should have showed him a monitor first, and then "settled" for a leopard gecko.

They are a great lizard to keep and easy. A 20 gallon tank with some decoration and hides and they're happy. Did you want a particular type or a regular-ish one?

I'd be happy with a regular one. I showed him some regular and some crazy looking morphs. I showed him pictures of other lizard types too like bearded dragon, tegus....he's just grossed out by all of them, BUT the only one he finds cute is chameleons...and let's just say they are not the ones for me lol.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
LORDs Willing I think that I'm getting some to breed this week or next I love those things so much :D

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
They may be bad tempered, but I think the Tokay gecko is by far the most beautiful.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I was scared of leopard geckos when I first saw my friend's little brother's gecko (I was probably 12). Watching them eat freaked me out too!
But I fell in love with the little guys and now I have two leopard geckos. :) I've had them since they were hatchlings and they are now 11 and 12.

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
ChiKat said:
I was scared of leopard geckos when I first saw my friend's little brother's gecko (I was probably 12). Watching them eat freaked me out too!
But I fell in love with the little guys and now I have two leopard geckos. :) I've had them since they were hatchlings and they are now 11 and 12.

Awww, that's awesome! I got mine on Friday, he finally ate yesterday, but still no poo, should I be concerned?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Evil? 30' away? What?

Well, at least you haven't actually married this guy yet... There is still time...

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
Tom said:
Evil? 30' away? What?

Well, at least you haven't actually married this guy yet... There is still time...

Different people have their likes and dislikes. Any type of reptile used to freak me out, except turtles and tortoises. Now I think all reptiles are awesome (except chameleons).

Status
Not open for further replies.