Leopard gecko help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
Hi everyone I really want to find a forum like this that has an app for leopard geckos. Where I live there is only regular leopard geckos. Im going to get one and I have done a lot of research and ima plan and buy everything before getting it. But I still have some questions and want some advice. Any advice?

please and thank you

Kameo37

5 Year Member
Re: Leopard grcko help!!!

Leopard geckos are easy as pie! They need a uth, thermostat, digital thermometer, no lights, a CHE (if you live in a particularly chilly area), a humid hide (mine LOVE sphagnum moss in their hide), a dry hide, insects, repashy...that's pretty much it. I use tile for substrate and paper towels in their chosen "toilet" area. They eat their own shed, so they are nice and neat. ;) Don't pull their tail and handle them regularly.
I think that's pretty much it. Someone will chime in if I've missed something.

Good luck! They are fun little ones!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
RE: Leopard grcko help!!!

www.geckoforums.net

Great, easy lizards. After 20 years of keeping reptiles, I still love the leo's.

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
They are super easy to care for and are the most rewarding in my eyes. I have a beautiful leusistic Leo and I love her so much.

reatrocity

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Virginia, United States
Good luck with the gecko. If it were me however, I would try and save the money to work on your tortoises' enclosures instead of getting a new pet. From the sound of your last few threads it seemed like money was a problem, and you're still working on getting everything perfect for your current babies. That's not to say you shouldn't *ever* get a gecko, definitely if it's what you want it would be great for you to own one. Just make sure you have everything you need for your current babies (like increasing their enclosure size) before working on another reptile if at all possible. Gives you a chance to keep reading up on them in the meantime anyway.

Regardless, if you do get a gecko I look forward to pictures and all that. :) Hope your babies are doing okay.

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
Thank u all and yes well my boyfriend is in charge of theses babies Im the mommy but I cant alwayd be with them cuz his living with his grams. Im with my grandpa nd I get lonely lol but yes I totaly agree like I said I want to save money nd get everything perfect before I get another animal :) we r saving money to take scooby to the vet when we can. We r a little worried for his legs but he is the fastest out of all of them haha nd it seems like a birth defect. Thank u for caring. Nd thank u for helping for advice this will be like a xmas gift for myself once I get everything first lol

please and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.