Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Laura said:
sunny today.. and the south is cleaning up.. or getting ready for the next on slaught depending how you look at it....
not pretty in many areas..
Tom.. How ar you doing? What about Haydens place? The fires left a lot of nothing out there..

Everything is a muddy mess, but no major damage. Hayden's got some tractor work to do, but he's okay. I'm trying to make him come down for some after-Christmas dinner here. Sun was out for a couple hours and my mood lifted tremendously.

The really good news is the weeds are sprouting and growing like... well... weeds. Normally they don't really get going until Jan or Feb., but this year they started in Oct. and I watered them to get through the "dry" spells. Now all I need is some warm enough weather for them to want to come out an eat some more.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Suns out over here today, its nice to see it. Tortoises are loving it too, they loved the rain, now they love the sun, lol. Suppose to have rain though sunday and parts of next week, we shall see. Till then enjoy the sun.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
It is not sunny here, but not raining. I was busy today and will be for the next two days. I am dying to get outside and work on my boxie encloser. I want to dig up that mud put bricks around the bottom. dig out the inside, line with wire cover that with rock add dirt and plant. Then I have some fun ideas. I want the plants to be established by spring.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Let me assure you both, wet dirt is HEAVY dirt. I've dug A LOT of holes and I'd much rather dig up hard, dry dirt than wet, heavy dirt. But don't let me stop you. Dig away.

The holes I'm planning on digging lately are border-lining on backhoe size holes. I'll probably dig the first one by hand, just to punish myself...

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
yeah like tom said, Wet dirt is Heavy! I'm happy i got most my enclosure done before the rain started. except ants decided to make my heat hide there home. Gotta fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.