another Humphry update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Well...our old man is now on day two of back in the outdoor summer enclosure for the day (I got over my fly phobia LOL) his cut is closed up so no fly should be able to get any uck in there:D. I took some pics this am while I put him out for am graze/exercise...while the abscess was cleared and he looks a gazillion times better I still believe he will always sport a small bump (vet said he may have had some injury that caused the abscess or he may have a tumor) but his overall thrill for life is even moreso these days...so we are going to just enjoy life for now....he is on the hunt for that black medic looking plant right now....my guys just love it...even more so than their passion for dandelions LOL..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thanks :D. I just water in front of the porch in front of house...that keeps the weeds alive longer and they love em....I water in their enclosures and keeps em mostly grazing happily :p

Humphry dumphry bumby is usually the chant he gets...LOL

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Glad to hear he is doing much better and seems happier!! Thanks for the update!!

In picture 2 just below the mallow that is growing what kind of a weed is that? I have some growing and my guys want to eat it but I have not let them.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thanks Torty Mom....if you are referring to the mallow in the top left...that has been best identified as Black medic (good) if you are referring to the mallow in the top right...that is spurge.

I see you are Bakersfield area...you may very well have both...I did not plant either of these, but have since spread the seeds (kinda 1/4 inch long flat tubular'ish pod seed) they creep along growing snug to the ground...but please be careful not to mistake them for
Goat Heads (ouch)...someone thought they looked similiar, but I totally loath Goat heads and can spot them a mile away :p

Status
Not open for further replies.