Another Bolivar Update

rorostortoise

Location (City and/or State)
washoe valley, nevada
I am putting this here because I am very proud of him (and myself)!! When I got him he was 6, had impacted mulch in his armpit things, worms, herpes, and was pretty severely malnourished. He is a very strong, resilient boy. He now eats a wide variety of nutrient dense, fiberous foods, and has no leg mulch or worms! He is calm and sleeps like a baby. The humitidy is still a little down but i am geting a new cover for his tank that should fix it. Does anybody know if his pyramiding will go away overtime?

Here is him eating banana with repti calcium from this morning! Don't worry, this isn't all he gets, I feed him little bits multiple times a day.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No his pyramiding will not go away.
You mentioned his tank. He is too big to be living in a tank. He needs a room size enclosure or to live outside with a heated hide or heated shed. Glad he's doing good, but housing him in an enclosure that is too small is not doing good.

rorostortoise

washoe valley, nevada
No his pyramiding will not go away.
You mentioned his tank. He is too big to be living in a tank. He needs a room size enclosure or to live outside with a heated hide or heated shed. Glad he's doing good, but housing him in an enclosure that is too small is not doing good.
I completely agree. The tank is the size of a NYC closet house, but I am trying to get him his own room. However, the house has hardwood, which humidity is bad for, and outside it can get up to 120 degrees and down to 10 degrees, not to mention that the humidity outside is almost always 0. Any suggestions?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Outside add misters or sprinklers on timers to go off several times a day.
Inside I would put in a fake/floating floor over the wood. The lay a tarp down and then substrate. Then if you ever move, pull up everything including the floating floor and the wood floor should be fine. You can also set up a big pop up portable greenhouse in the room to hold the humidity within the greenhouse. Still do the tarp and/or floating floor withing the greenhouse and just past the outside of it to protect the wood floor.

rorostortoise

washoe valley, nevada
Outside add misters or sprinklers on timers to go off several times a day.
Inside I would put in a fake/floating floor over the wood. The lay a tarp down and then substrate. Then if you ever move, pull up everything including the floating floor and the wood floor should be fine. You can also set up a big pop up portable greenhouse in the room to hold the humidity within the greenhouse. Still do the tarp and/or floating floor withing the greenhouse and just past the outside of it to protect the wood floor.
never considered a floating floor. ill try it and see how it goes! thank you :)