amateur Galapagos documentary film

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I know :( (ps those of u who haven't watched, he isn't referring to my friend hurting anything)

SunsetHypo

5 Year Member
Its hard to believe that this is still happening in today's day in age. To have something so special and rare, and to waste it like that is a tragedy.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm all for conservation and I love galops. They and sulcatas are my two favorites above all others. However, if I'm a native and my family has no food, I'd kill and eat one without second thought too. I sure wish they'd find something else to eat.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Roachman26 said:
I'm all for conservation and I love galops. They and sulcatas are my two favorites above all others. However, if I'm a native and my family has no food, I'd kill and eat one without second thought too. I sure wish they'd find something else to eat.

Most of the time its not a food issue, they are seen as delicacies. There aren't really food supply issues (in the way of supply/production) in South America. Most torts/turts consumed around the world are done so as a delicacy or because they make tribal medicine with them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
DoctorCosmonaut said:
Roachman26 said:

Most of the time its not a food issue, they are seen as delicacies. There aren't really food supply issues (in the way of supply/production) in South America. Most torts/turts consumed around the world are done so as a delicacy or because they make tribal medicine with them.

Well, IF that's the case then OFF with their heads! The poachers, I mean.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Great (not the subject matter...) video - thanks for sharing.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Your welcome, its an important subject... unfortunately... i wish it wasn't an issue.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, I almost made it through the whole six minutes, but that is just so sad, I couldn't watch any more. :(

When I see Taco walking around exploring, I think about how virtually defenseless tortoises are against a determined predator. They can't run or fly, or bite or dispense poison to defend themselves. It's horrible to consider how vulnerable these creatures are. It makes me feel very protective of my sweet shelled pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.