Good luck!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
When you "flag" an ad do they ask for a reason? Maybe (you, greg) you should flag the ad.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
upon seeing this thread, i went to the CL ad and flagged it. they do ask for a reason and i clicked for "scam"... anyone can do it ;)

many people flag ads for many reasons...someone is charging too much for a pet, selling too many puppies, its a scam, you can even flag an ad if you see it too often and it annoys you. lol.

*for the record this was only my 2nd flag ever ;)

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I'm glad we watch out for one another on here, we are a family and so are the torts. I just wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the ad so no one got scammed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I had emailed them requesting infor on their torts, like I was interested in buying some. Well, it's another one of those out of country scams. Not from Cameroon? But something like Doreo or something like that. They did however send pictures of some Aldabras that wasn't Greg's.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
definately a scam... here is the guys reply:

Hello Laura,
Breeding of tortoises is what we do, I am an Approved Breeder of Sulcata and Aldabra Tortoises and I run a Reptile Farm. Attached are some pictures of my Aldabra tortoises for sale we currently have 4 pairs ready to get a new home.

Aldabra Tortoise (Geochelone gigantea) is the world’s 2nd Largest Tortoise, male is 29 " large in size and weighs 215 lbs and female is 24 ''large in size and weighs 170.5 lbs females lay anywhere from nine and 25 eggs in a shallow nest. Usually less than alf of the eggs are fertile. Females can produce multiple clutches of eggs in a year. After incubating, the tiny tortoises hatch between October and December.

My Aldabra tortoises cost 750.00 USD in respective of their sex, and a pair of a male and a female cost you $1200.00, shipping to your location included.
All our tortoises are home raised ( bred) by my self and my family and they are very healthy. They are shipped along side a health written guarantee and a document on their specific diet, which are very essential so as to maintain a healthy and strong shell.

Diet
Aldabra tortoises are mostly herbivores. In the wild, they eat grass, leaves, plants, stems and other tasty weeds. They will also feed on insects and dead animals, even their own kind. In captivity they will eat grass, flowers, cactus pads, all sorts of leafy greens and commercial tortoise food. They also like fruit and melons.

Shipping is going to be done Via Inter cargo Airlines and they are going to be transported in a wooden crate. Our females at times she enjoys to be hand fed. If you will be interested in getting a pair, then let me know exactly which airport is nearest to your residence so we could get on and begin arrangements for delivery.

When that is done you shall be notified with the details of the flight including tracking number of parcel online, departure and arrival time to enable you know exactly when to be at the airport for pick up. Vet certificate shall be coming along with the tortoises. Sorry for the length of the mail, but i have just to give you every information about this transaction. hope to get back to you soonest.
sincere greetings
Fola.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Laura said:
definately a scam... here is the guys reply:

Hello Laura,
Breeding of tortoises is what we do, I am an Approved Breeder of Sulcata and Aldabra Tortoises and I run a Reptile Farm. Attached are some pictures of my Aldabra tortoises for sale we currently have 4 pairs ready to get a new home.

Aldabra Tortoise (Geochelone gigantea) is the world’s 2nd Largest Tortoise, male is 29 " large in size and weighs 215 lbs and female is 24 ''large in size and weighs 170.5 lbs females lay anywhere from nine and 25 eggs in a shallow nest. Usually less than alf of the eggs are fertile. Females can produce multiple clutches of eggs in a year. After incubating, the tiny tortoises hatch between October and December.

My Aldabra tortoises cost 750.00 USD in respective of their sex, and a pair of a male and a female cost you $1200.00, shipping to your location included.
All our tortoises are home raised ( bred) by my self and my family and they are very healthy. They are shipped along side a health written guarantee and a document on their specific diet, which are very essential so as to maintain a healthy and strong shell.

Diet
Aldabra tortoises are mostly herbivores. In the wild, they eat grass, leaves, plants, stems and other tasty weeds. They will also feed on insects and dead animals, even their own kind. In captivity they will eat grass, flowers, cactus pads, all sorts of leafy greens and commercial tortoise food. They also like fruit and melons.

Shipping is going to be done Via Inter cargo Airlines and they are going to be transported in a wooden crate. Our females at times she enjoys to be hand fed. If you will be interested in getting a pair, then let me know exactly which airport is nearest to your residence so we could get on and begin arrangements for delivery.

When that is done you shall be notified with the details of the flight including tracking number of parcel online, departure and arrival time to enable you know exactly when to be at the airport for pick up. Vet certificate shall be coming along with the tortoises. Sorry for the length of the mail, but i have just to give you every information about this transaction. hope to get back to you soonest.
sincere greetings
Fola.

Sounds legit! (Sarcasm)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hey, you stole my email. Change the name from Laura and replace with Barb. That's my email I got.:p:D Wait one difference. It day have the name of where he was from.

cpk

5 Year Member
Southern California
i saw this ad too and i was thinking that the aldabras looked really familiar! some people... gosh >:O

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
this is his reply as to where he is from:

Thanks for your prompt respond. The name is camtortoise and i am in Richmond Virginia.
Where are you from?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Laura said:
this is his reply as to where he is from:

Thanks for your prompt respond. The name is camtortoise and i am in Richmond Virginia.
Where are you from?

Am I understanding your post correctly? They told you they were from Virginia? If so, that's not at all what was in my email. It was something like Doreo. Not anything like Richmond Virginia. Hmmm, very interesting. Really a scammer I think.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
and the Great deal.. each pair comes with 3 fertile eggs!
More response from our 'friend':

Thanks for your response, Our site is currently being designed! you can check it at, http://aldabras.com/ these amazing tortoises are outgoing, very tame, and are among the most hardy of the pet tortoises, you must keep in mind that not only do they get large, but they grow relatively quickly, and are very powerful. They do get much larger than most owners can deal with.

Our tortoises are 100% healthy and do not carry infections bacteria or viruses that could adversely affect their health and which could be a threat to the health of any other tortoises you already own.

our tortoises will come with all documentary and they are protected by CITES.
The tortoises will come with all health papers and a health Guarantee for 1 year. All of our tortoises have a complete written health guarantee! Which state that there are no symptoms of disease at the time of sale/shipping and that our tortoises are completely healthy and are all captive bred.

All of our Females are 100% proven breeder and nest between 3-5 times a year. For confirmation to the order, you will have to get back with your full contact address, and how long it takes to driver from the closest Airport to home address. As soon as i have your information for delivery, i will take the tortoises to the delivery agency and get them register and make flight reservation for the tortoises. i will contact you when I’m through with flight reservation.

Also there is this amazing offer that goes with the tortoises. Each of our tortoise is accompanied alongside 3 fertile hatching eggs which we offer free, and If this is your first time, have no worries for we have DVD guide and hand outs to help you throughout the process of hatching the eggs. A free handbook and DVD guide to get all beginners who have never breed before to breed without facing any problems. you will have no problem acquiring this amazing tortoise as pets or to breed.

So if we have to work this out the information below will be required for registration and shipment of the tortoises.
Your full names:/......
contact address:/......
contact phone number:/...
State:/...
City:/......
zip code:/...

Sincerely yours,
Fola.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG LMFAO I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. SOME PEOPLE:( HOW DO THEY LIVE WITH THEMSELVES:( SCUM SCAMMERS AND TO USE GREG'S PICS UGH THOSE ******* -******* ******
BTW
THIS IS IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM SCREAMING:D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What the heck's going on? Using pics of someone's torts...to do what? Who would purchase torts on just seeing pictures? I know if I wanted to buy a tort, I would go and see them myself because you can't trust anybody these days. Sorry to hear about this Aldabraman. Maybe you should set up a sting operation and get the cops involved.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Ok, I'm no expert but I am pretty sure I have read that a good percent of their eggs are not fertile. And isn't there something about not moving them around a lot??? Like, is it even possible to SHIP eggs???? Seriously? A DVD?!?! These people went WAY over board on this one. The more people ask the more out there the whole thing gets! 3 FREE FERTILE EGGS?!?! Are you kidding me????

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
They don't realize that tortoise experts like us notice all these things! TFO MEMBERS! PREPARE FOR WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.