1zfmsma.jpg

1gp4sx.jpg

2pyrg9l.jpg

tzlg2.jpg

ae92jin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
Wow....!Sooooo nice picture, love to sea the real visual.
Nice...!

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Omg! I am so in love and so jealous! How awesome is that! They are just gentle giants! I wanna hug em! Your Shepherd is pretty too!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
The sand in your barn is really nice looking. White and look very soft. Do the aldabra tend to poo inside as well? I think it's more simple care with sand as the substrate there.

What is the minimum size for the aldabra you feel is safe to use sand as substrate?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Yellow Turtle said:
Do the aldabra tend to poo inside as well? I think it's more simple care with sand as the substrate there.

* They do, and it is really no different than picking it up in just regular dirt.

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
ALDABRAMAN said:
* They do, and it is really no different than picking it up in just regular dirt.

Wow !! How do you toilet-train your torts !! Joking .

Cheers

Yellow Turtle said:
The sand in your barn is really nice looking. White and look very soft. Do the aldabra tend to poo inside as well? I think it's more simple care with sand as the substrate there.

What is the minimum size for the aldabra you feel is safe to use sand as substrate?

But i think sand as part of substrate should only be used in big outdoor enclosure and not really suitable for indoor setup !!

No matter the size of tortoise some or much sand can get ingested and cause trouble !!

Cheers

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
ALDABRAMAN said:
Yellow Turtle said:
Do the aldabra tend to poo inside as well? I think it's more simple care with sand as the substrate there.

Imagine the smell inside :D

emystiong said:
But i think sand as part of substrate should only be used in big outdoor enclosure and not really suitable for indoor setup !!

No matter the size of tortoise some or much sand can get ingested and cause trouble !!

Cheers

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WOW, grocerys by the wheel barrel full. Lucky happy torts. How bout the littler ones, do they get snack time too:)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
wellington said:
WOW, grocerys by the wheel barrel full. Lucky happy torts. How bout the littler ones, do they get snack time too?

* They all got snacks today!