ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
It does! Thank you. I actually have a followup question:

Do you think Aldabras will ever reach the saturation point of other, more common tort breeds? Certainly not Redfoots or Sulcatas, but maybe Stars or Burmese Mountain Torts? Is Aldabra breeding more difficult/lengthier than other tort species? Thanks!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Mgridgaway said:
Thank you. I actually have a followup question:

Do you think Aldabras will ever reach the saturation point of other, more common tort breeds? Certainly not Redfoots or Sulcatas, but maybe Stars or Burmese Mountain Torts? Is Aldabra breeding more difficult/lengthier than other tort species? Thanks!

:tort: Another great question, I am not sure about the saturation point where the demand will not be there. As far as breeding the aldabra species, not more difficult, however it does have many complex obstacals where smaller tortoise species do not.

2gvvj90.jpg

Badger

5 Year Member
Hi Greg,

Just a quick question if you don't mind...

For a fully grown Aldabra, any idea how much as percentage of body does an adult eat, roughly speaking? I think I read somewhere that a horse eats about 2.5% of it's weight a day, but since Aldabra are suppose to digest their food less efficiently, perhaps they will need to eat more? Just planning ahead for the future!

Thanks!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Badger said:
Hi Greg,

Just a quick question if you don't mind...

For a fully grown Aldabra, any idea how much as percentage of body does an adult eat, roughly speaking? I think I read somewhere that a horse eats about 2.5% of it's weight a day, but since Aldabra are suppose to digest their food less efficiently, perhaps they will need to eat more? Just planning ahead for the future!

Thanks!

:tort: I have never read those percentages! Ours seem to browse and eat until they are just full!

Badger

5 Year Member
Hahaha, interesting! Seems my two babies never stops eating unless it's time for bed!

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
I am so saving up for a baby of these magnifigant creatures. ;) I love the pictures. Do you ever allow visitors to see them in person?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
vanillapooh1979 said:
I am so saving up for a baby of these magnifigant creatures. ;) I love the pictures. Do you ever allow visitors to see them in person?

:)

sweetjune

5 Year Member
Excuse me, I am still newbie here and would like to know about aldabra. What's the maximum size male aldabra tortoise can reach? And I heard they can grown up to 120 cm..if that's possible then what age they will reach their final size? I also look store or breeder that sale adult aldabra tortoise..please email me at [email protected]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
sweetjune said:
Excuse me, I am still newbie here and would like to know about aldabra. What's the maximum size male aldabra tortoise can reach?

Hi sweetjune:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?