A serious no no

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I got my love of cats from my parents who raised Persians...but they were animals, treated like animals. I, however, keep my cats like family members...I spoil them and allow them to do things that would give my parents a stroke...the kitchen sink...DSCN2511.JPG
Little Sh*t wants to see what Angel is doing...DSCN2509.JPGDSCN2505.JPG
very cute...and so against the rules

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been pretty lucky in that none of my cats ever jumped up on the kitchen counters.

It's interesting that previous pictures of the white 'devil' cat show her with red eyes, but these pictures, labelled 'Angel' show normal eyes. Bi-polar cat?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I've been pretty lucky in that none of my cats ever jumped up on the kitchen counters.

It's interesting that previous pictures of the white 'devil' cat show her with red eyes, but these pictures, labelled 'Angel' show normal eyes. Bi-polar cat?
No...I just turned on the 'redeye reduction" on the camera. She got spayed and that mellowed her out a lotDSCN2489.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I had Persians years ago. A white and a blue. I used to raise and show dogs. All lived in the house and treated like family. Even the pot belly pig I had. I could never be that type of breeder that doesn't include them as family.
Don't mind the faucet drinking, but they need to use the bathroom faucet. I don't do animals on counters or tables and that includes the human ones too😁

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
My cat use to drink out of a dripping bathtub, my grandparents would leave it on for him.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
When I was a little kid we had "outside dogs" only. By the time I was 17 my Great Dane was sleeping on my bed with me, and I had fish tanks and reptile cages lining the walls of my room.

Once I moved out of home into my first apartment in college, the whole damn place was filled with animals. My roommates had their own animals too.

My current home has all sorts of animals. Lizards, tortoises, birds, dogs, cats, fish...I married a very industrious woman who loves animals, but also works tirelessly to keep a clean tidy house. She is awesome. It would be a lot harder for me to do what I do without her. We have between one and three dogs, plus a cat, that all sleep on the bed with us, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I never have cold feet in winter because my little ShihTzu foot warmer snuggles up to my feet one way or another. Our birds shower with us and fly free in the house. One of our dogs hops up onto an empty chair at the dinner table and sits quietly and politely while we have dinner every night. Most dinner guests find it amusing given my profession, but a few found it to be, as you put it, "a serious no no". Its a fun way for me to assess someone's character and disposition. I generally don't care to dine with people who are offended by the presence of a perfectly polite and well-behaved animal. We generally have a good time and enjoy life. I can't imagine a life without animals. We have friends with no pets and there just seems to be something missing from their lives. I couldn't live that way. They don't want to live my way.

Last edited:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We are animal people. In accommodating our pets, we enrich our own lives. If I see the bread box in the middle of the microwave, I move it back to the side so our cat, who eats on the fridge, can have her space ready on the microwave to jump from there to the fridge. Etc., etc. the cat needs her clear route to her food and water. Period and don't move the bread box again.