Status
Not open for further replies.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
coreyc said:
emysemys said:
Yeah, a couple months ago I started at the beginning of the membership list and if a member joined, but never posted, and they never re-visited the forum since the day they joined, I banned them as an expired member. I only did this with the '97 members. Next year I'll do it with the '98 members.

Wow old is the TFO ?I could only go back to 07

It started in Aug 2007. Yvonne meant to say 07, and 08, not 97 and 98.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
spikethebest said:
coreyc said:
emysemys said:
Yeah, a couple months ago I started at the beginning of the membership list and if a member joined, but never posted, and they never re-visited the forum since the day they joined, I banned them as an expired member. I only did this with the '97 members. Next year I'll do it with the '98 members.

It started in Aug 2007. Yvonne meant to say 07, and 08, not 97 and 98.

Thats what I thought just wanted to make sure Thanks :cool:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
coreyc said:

O-o-o-ps! I meant '07, not '97. Hard for us old fogeys to make the hump over the centennial mark! :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Yeah, a couple months ago I started at the beginning of the membership list and if a member joined, but never posted, and they never re-visited the forum since the day they joined, I banned them as an expired member. I only did this with the '07 members. Next year I'll do it with the '08 members.

Just curious, what is the reasoning behind doing that?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I just read this again I had a O-o-p-s to I wrote wow old meant how old I guess I am an old fogey to :p

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I joined in August 07 when it first started. At first I mostly lurked researching how to take care of Pio, but gradually I started to join in with my 2 cents. I belong to a few other forums...some are consistent with their beliefs, and not open to change, but for the most part everyone is friendly and eager to see how the other person cares for their animals. I also like that home town feel where everyone knows each other's name, and I like seeing that small glimpse of everyone's life, as we get to know each other. It's really been a great ride, meeting new people, and watching how things have changed in the past 4 years.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You can never be to big, to rich or to thin.

I think making a rule stating if you have not posted anything in say a year you are removed, probably help clean up the clutter somewhat.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
emysemys said:
Yeah, a couple months ago I started at the beginning of the membership list and if a member joined, but never posted, and they never re-visited the forum since the day they joined, I banned them as an expired member. I only did this with the '07 members. Next year I'll do it with the '08 members.

It's my anal side. I hate lists of any kind that aren't updated. If a person takes the time and trouble to join a forum, then never, ever visits it ever again, what kind of asset is that to the forum, except to clutter the list with a name that means nothing. It gives a way distorted picture of the number of members belonging.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Jacqui said:
emysemys said:

It's my anal side. I hate lists of any kind that aren't updated. If a person takes the time and trouble to join a forum, then never, ever visits it ever again, what kind of asset is that to the forum, except to clutter the list with a name that means nothing. It gives a way distorted picture of the number of members belonging.

Okay following so far, but does it actually change anything? I mean even if banned, once joined they still are counted aren't they? They still maintain a space on the list of members too, right? So doesn't it still "clutter" the list? Just asking...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
emysemys said:
Jacqui said:
emysemys said:

Okay following so far, but does it actually change anything? I mean even if banned, once joined they still are counted aren't they? They still maintain a space on the list of members too, right? So doesn't it still "clutter" the list? Just asking...

No, eventually Josh goes through and removes all the banned names. I guess he's just been too busy lately with all the changes and new forums and such.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
No, eventually Josh goes through and removes all the banned names. I guess he's just been too busy lately with all the changes and new forums and such.

Okay, so once he does, we will no longer have the stated 6,000 plus members?

Bubba30

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
I joined liked two months ago and now am a junior member and I was so excited I told everybody, my mom, husband, dad, sisters, coworker everybody :D. I can't wait to become one of you guys with a bunch of stars next to your username. So excited.

Becki

5 Year Member
Albuquerque
I love this forum. I'm here every day but only post occasionally. I've learned so much and my hatchling sulcata will have survived to yearling very soon. Thanks to you all!

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
I too enjoy the small town feel. It seems like I actually know some of you people and I enjoy checking in. Getting good tort info is a nice bonus.

I especially like the picture thread and the photo caption thread (mine was the best). I also like the off topic chit chat as I think it helps people learn more about each others interests.

I hope to someday be a senior member and have a custom title like some of you sneaky people. I want mine to be "Leopard Jedi"

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoise said:
I hope to someday be a senior member and have a custom title like some of you sneaky people. I want mine to be "Leopard Jedi"

Nothing sneaky about it, all you have to do is ask. You asked and if you look, you got it.:cool:

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
wowser i ahvent been on the forum for couple of days and i missed so much.. glad to hear tank is doing well.. over 6000 members wow.
anyway i ahve news to share w/ all of you guys, I am officially an Auntie to a beautiful baby boy. my sister finally gave birth and i have been enjoying him the last couple of days. he is beautiful and here is a pic of him.. hope its not on the wrong thread

future TFO member lol

vy6sk2.jpg

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Tom
"Did anyone notice we have over 6000 members now? Wow! That's a lot of tortoise talk."

yea ... and you know whats funny ? .....
1400 + have more to say about guns ... then they do torts!
LOL ~ :p

JD~:D

Status
Not open for further replies.