Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Did anyone notice we have over 6000 members now? Wow! That's a lot of tortoise talk.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Even if they don't participate (which I sure wish they would), atleast this site is here so everybody can learn. Just think how much better we would be tho, if more shared what they know ... even if it's not about tortoises.

Leebug

5 Year Member
Arizona
Jacqui said:
Even if they don't participate (which I sure wish they would), atleast this site is here so everybody can learn. Just think how much better we would be tho, if more shared what they know ... even if it's not about tortoises.

I've learned so much!!!
I am so glad I found this site & super thankful for all the helpful hints from everyone in helping me save my little guy :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I agree with you Jacqui, "this site is here so everybody can learn". Even if it is not all the members that participate, at least they have learned something (well I hope so lol) :). I agree that it would be very nice if everybody would participate :).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jacqui said:

I know the square route of 4.

...its 2.

Just wanted to share that, even though its not about tortoises.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, ok...I'm going to voice my opinion too. Don't beat me up!

I like the small town feel. I'm sorry to see so many members. I can't imagine what it would be like if over 6000 people posted here every day. I like to be able to call each poster by his or her name. It feels like I'm talking to a friend. 6000 people??? Yipes!!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:

...its 2.

I think I know, that Tom might have meant root not route....:p (I figured one smarty reply deserves another)

emysemys said:

I like the small town feel. I'm sorry to see so many members. I can't imagine what it would be like if over 6000 people posted here every day. I like to be able to call each poster by his or her name. It feels like I'm talking to a friend. 6000 people??? Yipes!!!

I understand what your saying, too. I wonder how many members we really have, as the 6,000 odd counts all the banned spammers.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Omg!!! I just became a senior member!!! I don't even have a speech prepared this is so cool!!

What is the average amount of member's on at any one time?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Omg!!! I just became a senior member!!! I don't even have a speech prepared this is so cool!!

:D Congrats on your new ranking. :D

M

Maggie Cummings

I agree with Yvonne, I like the small town feel and thinking that some of you are my friends. I like to know peoples names and where they're from and what kind of animals they have. Then when they post we can have personal conversation...I guess that's silly tho...

But what happens is I say something they disagree with then all the sudden we're not friends anymore...:)
But I do think we are getting too big...

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
Tom said:
Jacqui said:

...its 2.

hahahahaha :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
CtTortoiseMom said:

Go to the forum's home page...where all the different subjects are listed then scroll down to the very bottom of the page. Inside a very dark green bar are the words, "Log Out | Mark All Forums Read | Forum Team | Forum Statistics"

Click on Forum Statistics. Lots of good info there.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
emysemys said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

Go to the forum's home page...where all the different subjects are listed then scroll down to the very bottom of the page. Inside a very dark green bar are the words, "Log Out | Mark All Forums Read | Forum Team | Forum Statistics"

Click on Forum Statistics. Lots of good info there.

Thanks.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Jacqui said:
Tom said:

...its 2.

I think I know, that Tom might have meant root not route....:p (I figured one smarty reply deserves another)

emysemys said:

I understand what your saying, too. I wonder how many members we really have, as the 6,000 odd counts all the banned spammers.

I wonder how many active memmbers if you look though the list you have members that have not been on since 07

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, a couple months ago I started at the beginning of the membership list and if a member joined, but never posted, and they never re-visited the forum since the day they joined, I banned them as an expired member. I only did this with the '97 members. Next year I'll do it with the '98 members.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
emysemys said:
Yeah, a couple months ago I started at the beginning of the membership list and if a member joined, but never posted, and they never re-visited the forum since the day they joined, I banned them as an expired member. I only did this with the '97 members. Next year I'll do it with the '98 members.

Wow old is the TFO ?I could only go back to 07

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This is a great forum and source for tortoise information. I have joined some other tortoise forums and they don't have the same appeal this forum does. Everyone here seems to want to lend a hand which is good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.