# 6 hatched today

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
... and an updated picture of the other 5.

Attachments

• photo (34).JPG
    photo (34).JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 76
  • photo (32).JPG
    photo (32).JPG
    613.8 KB · Views: 89

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Great coloring on her!! They are all beautiful

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Two more eggs from this clutch. Sixteen more from two other clutches. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm curious to know how many days apart are your babies hatching? I have hatched out 7 so far, and now its been over a week since the last one. But the remaining eggs still look good.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
emysemys said:
I'm curious to know how many days apart are your babies hatching? I have hatched out 7 so far, and now its been over a week since the last one. But the remaining eggs still look good.

The 5 hatched relatively close - 5 days or so. Number 6 didn't hatch for 10-14 days since the last one. I was beginning to think they were duds. I checked the other two this morning, but nothing was happening. They feel heavy and appear to be fertile, so I'm still hoping. By the way, I've been reading about eggs that touch each other tend to hatch closer together. These eggs were not touching at all. The other two clutches were placed so they touch, so we'll see what happens with those.

matt581 said:
Do you sell them? They look so cute:p

No, I don't sell them ... just give them to people who can prove they know what they're doing. :)

MORTYtheTORTY said:
What's your hatch rate like? Those are beautiful...do you ship?

These are my first leopards, so I don't really have a "hatch rate." I don't ship - sorry! :(

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
OMG! I wish I lived closer LOL you say you give them to people?!? You are very generous...how's your hatchling set-up like? Everyone has a different incubation setup.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
MORTYtheTORTY said:
OMG! I wish I lived closer LOL you say you give them to people?!? You are very generous...how's your hatchling set-up like? Everyone has a different incubation setup.

I'm not sure what you mean about hatchling set up? Right now they are out on the grass munching away. At might I bring them in. As far as incubation - I set the temps at 86-88 and kept a bowl of water in the incubator. That's it. :)

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
oh so you actually bought the incubator for them? Yah I seen those around $150 or so and you just put the eggs in an open container filled with vermiculite and there's a tray made for filling water at the bottom...just wondering because I've seen folks on here that have their own homemade incubation set-up using containers. Did all your eggs hatch or are you experiencing any duds? I can't wait to experience my first clutch or so...are you excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.