300 gallon outdoor pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Very nice group for sure....love that when you are holding Whiskey the other turtle comes over to try to eat the "food" that is holding him...very fun stuff...

Shredder

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Very nice group for sure....love that when you are holding Whiskey the other turtle comes over to try to eat the "food" that is holding him...very fun stuff...

Thank you! they enjoy nipping at me unfortunately lol mainly the caramel & big blue concentric. but good fun raising them :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
That species is absolutely gorgeous...I have a couple of the 2 for 5 red ear sliders that a little girl begged to be taken a few years back because her mom would not let her keep those stinky things....so they are still with me....luckily they both appear to be females (so far anyways)....they are always trying to eat my fingers/fingernails---especially when my nails are painted any variation of pink....while it is not a death roll bite, it can be a little startling yet funny too...

Shredder

5 Year Member
ascott said:
That species is absolutely gorgeous...I have a couple of the 2 for 5 red ear sliders that a little girl begged to be taken a few years back because her mom would not let her keep those stinky things....so they are still with me....luckily they both appear to be females (so far anyways)....they are always trying to eat my fingers/fingernails---especially when my nails are painted any variation of pink....while it is not a death roll bite, it can be a little startling yet funny too...

Thanks very much! i know what you mean ha ha ill be in pond for a few minutes cleaning or moving stuff & here comes my big terrapin or slider trying to nip at me the whole time im in there lol. sometimes i dont see em thats when i get startled lol i cant do nothing without them snooping to c if i got food. its cute when theyre small but starts to lose its cuteness when theyre almost drawing blood ha ha.

Moozilion said:
Gorgeous turtles!!!

Thanks very much! :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
its cute when theyre small but starts to lose its cuteness when theyre almost drawing blood ha ha.

So true....I had a "v" on my index finger from the other day....I have introduced mazuri to the Red Ear Sliders and they absolutely go CRAZY for it...I now use tongs to offer the morsels....lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.