Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I received a phone call from a gal who found a tortoise walking down her street...and can she bring it over. So this is what she brought me:

2012rescue54a.jpg

Looks about a 2 year old sulcata, in a shoe box with dirt and rocks, and originally painted pink!

Mighty dirty little tortoise.

2012rescue54c.jpg

2012rescue54b.jpg

2012rescue54d.jpg

And after a bath and a scrub, and quite a long drink:
2012rescue54e.jpg

There's still a lot of dirt on the skin areas, but that will come off eventually with frequent soakings.

If anyone in the area around Fresno is interested in adopting this little tortoise, please call me at 559 298-7114. It is a no-fee adoption, but I have to come and take a look at the area where you want to keep the tortoise, just so I can be sure in my mind I'm sending him to a safe and secure home.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Oh my gosh! She was walking down the street? Wonder where she came from. Sure is a pretty thing!

2 EASTERN BOX TURTLES
1TREE FROG
2 TOADS
1TEDDY BEAR HAMPSTER
2 HERMIT CRABS
2 FISH
1 CAIQUE PARROT
2 DOGS
3 CATS

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Does it look like he/she has been abused? I can't tell if there's a lot of pyramiding. Other than that, she looks pretty healthy. Did she escape from somewhere? Maybe the owner is looking for it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Abused? You mean other than being painted pink? :(

It was very light, but probably just dehydrated. Slight pyramiding, and pretty hungry.

When I take in a "found" tortoise, I place an ad in the Lost and Found of our local paper.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not a fan of pink, but that pink I like. (not the color, the animal under it). I would bet some little girl has lost a pet she should never have had.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
That is not the first time I have seen a turtle/tort painted. There was a little turtle at a river where I once went for a field trip for summer camp. There were some teenage girls. We found a turtle and its shell was painted red and the girls said "he has samonila!" So you painted him red? Really people.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Looks pretty good actually like he was actually cared for properly. Hopefully the real owner comes forth.

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
Do u still Hv him?? I live around their and am sorta interested

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
From the looks of it, other than being painted pink, he looks pretty good. I've seen worse and believe me, this one looks good. Yvonne, if the owner ever does show up, maybe you'd want to ask who painted the tort. Other than that, if the owner shows up, that says a lot...maybe he/she does love their pet and it went missing. Anyhow, whoever get it, I hope they know what's involved with raising a sully.

Status
Not open for further replies.