26 yr. old Female Leopard

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not sure if this is a scam or not. This person is suppose to be in Delaware? Here is the ad on Pet Classified. I so would love to have this girl, but I have a suspicious feeling about the pics that were sent too me. I don't want to throw away 300.00. If anyone is near them, it would be worth the drive to see if it's legit.
http://www.pet-classifieds.com/pet13596279.htm

Here are a few pics they sent me.
390254ce3741adfb3540416be7fa74f7.jpg

84709fb08415455f5aa93893f91ff231.jpg

109156fac412942c5fd711d135c8b0ee.jpg

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Barb, the top and bottom pics are not the same tortoise! Look at the markings....

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The pictures in the ad are different than the ones you've posted here. The one's you've posted here appear to be a wild tortoise(s), or at least, doesn't look like one you'd find in the US. Either way, I find it unlikely that this tortoise is 26 years old.

Even the one in the ad does not look like it is 26 years old, and probably wouldn't be "rehomed" for $300.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. I'd pass on this one given the information above.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Those are wild photos. Would of been awesome if real. I tell yah what. These scammers are seriously out in mass the past few years.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I didn't think the pics they sent me were really of their tortoise either. I googled leopard tortoise pics and looked at all I could find and even compared a couple side by side to their pics but couldn't determine if any were the same tortoise.
They, scammers are really good at what they do. You wouldn't believe how sincere they sound. Well, maybe you would. Even offered to send my a python for free for helping them find a loving caring home for the leopard.
I did say I would adopt her for free if they really needed a new home for her, but couldn't pay for anything:D Of course, that went unnoticed:D And unanswered. Heck can't blame me for trying.:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Mean it could be real and they just used other photos. But I'd bet they only take western union.

sulcata2014

Florida
I contacted this lady as well via email. She said she would not ship. I would only recommend seeing and buying in person. I agree, the "deal" seemed too good to be true. People would jump on a plane for that deal on her!