2010 South African Leopard Thread.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
Tom said:
I tried to plant them an alfalfa and clover patch, but the damn ground squirrels came in and reached through my wire covers to eat it all. I hate those things.
yea they suck! Little devils are to smart for their own good. we had a squirrel problem too! They ate the sprinkler wires! My cat is quite the hunter so I cut back his wet food and he caught himself a dinner... Problem solved. And as a bonus, two less pigeons!

All of these guys are great looking. It's a real treat to get to see pictures of them. They all have beautiful markings. And they are all so big even the smaller ones... To me at least :). I would love to see more of them.

Dennis, Tom, I think updated pictures would be a great idea. **hint hint**

Peaches bts

5 Year Member
Southern California
Here are our leos from this group,
As of 6/26/2012 they weigh :
1,370 grams
1,245 grams
1,162 grams
912 grams
The photos were taken last month.
Ch34r.jpg

rg344.jpg

q9Cyp.jpg

X1vrg.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Finally took some pics. Most of them were out of focus because I was far away and the tortoises were behind stuff.

Caught this guy with his eyes shut.
4v0kk6.jpg

This guy was peeking out at me trying to see what I was doing.
wk3bfb.jpg

This appears to be the popular hang out for the moment.
jkxagp.jpg

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Lovely, Tom! Thanks for the updated pics. I love the first picture with the eyes shut.. looks like he's enjoying the sun!

kelarned

5 Year Member
California
I got this G.p.p from Tom in late October, early November of 2010. Unfortunatly, I have not been able to keep him as smooth as many of yours. Although not from lack of trying. But he is health and eats well. He loves his outdoor enclosure as well. Just wanted to get him up on this thread for the record. His name is Merlin and he weighs 645 g.

Attachments

• image-1079450274.png
    image-1079450274.png
    843.3 KB · Views: 111
  • image-422782733.png
    image-422782733.png
    991.1 KB · Views: 147
  • image-1810379497.png
    image-1810379497.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
  • image-3949194685.png
    image-3949194685.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • image-2642556424.png
    image-2642556424.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • image-300163574.png
    image-300163574.png
    1 MB · Views: 86

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The last time I posted in this thread I sort of had to "guess" at my babies' weight because I don't have a scale that weighs in increments smaller than a pound.

I went to the P.O. today and picked up my mail and had to go to the counter because someone had sent me a package. I was so surprised and gratified to open the box and see a scale inside. One of our generous and thoughtful members sent me a brand new scale so that I can weigh my smaller tortoises!

i'll weigh them tomorrow and post it for the record.

And thank you, Generous and Thoughtful Forum Member!! What a nice person.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
emysemys said:
The last time I posted in this thread I sort of had to "guess" at my babies' weight because I don't have a scale that weighs in increments smaller than a pound.

I went to the P.O. today and picked up my mail and had to go to the counter because someone had sent me a package. I was so surprised and gratified to open the box and see a scale inside. One of our generous and thoughtful members sent me a brand new scale so that I can weigh my smaller tortoises!

i'll weigh them tomorrow and post it for the record.

And thank you, Generous and Thoughtful Forum Member!! What a nice person.

Now that is sweet!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Time for an update on Maggie and Molly.

Maggie.jpg

Maggie weighs 906 grams and is about 6 1/4 inches long. She's a pistol!

Molly.jpg

Molly weighs 2+ lbs and about 6 3/4 inches. My scale only goes to 2 pounds. She's a little calmer than Maggie.

MollyleftMaggieright.jpg

Plastron shot. Molly is on the left, Maggie on the right. Molly's plastron has the slightest concavity.

They've been having a great time outdoors this summer. Their enclosure is right beside my front step so I see them whenever I'm out. Last summer they just hid all the time they were out there, this summer it's a different story.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love the details Edna. Especially the behavior stuff. Mine are much more outgoing this year too. They practically knock my hand out of the way when I bring them food.

The parents of these guys act much like sulcatas. Totally unafraid. They would just go about their business as if I wasn't in their enclosure taking pics all up in their face.

EspenK

5 Year Member
Hi guys, thanks for alle the great pics and useful information! As a "diet freak" I would really like to know what diet your torts are on-as a first time pardalis owner myself! I got two juveniles in march, but unfortunatly, one of them were sick when I got them, and he died not long ago. The other one is doing great, but after reading how importent humidity is, I just changed his setup and habitat. But again, it would be great to hear what your torts are eating! And maybe the temp? ;)

Best, Espen, Norway