17 Giant Galapagos Tortoises + ME! = DREAM COME TRUE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Those pictures were amazing. I love these kind of posts. I get to see things that I never would have the chance to see. Thank you.

Peterc

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for sharing the pics , there AWESOME. Id Love to know what there daily diet is ( including ) vitamins.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Candy said:
Wow now that's a lot of tortoise in one place. Those are some great pictures. They're are huge I didn't realize that. Makes "Bob" look small. :D Who's the girl with the pretty hair?

Yes, I also want to know who owned the honey-colored hair!;)

It is fun to see the interest on those large faces as they inspect the camera. Majestic creatures, but I think Sulcata faces have finer features and are therefore more handsome, and you can tell Bob I said so!:D

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WOW!!! What awesome torts! I am so jealous.
I am so glad they are going to build them new enclosures. Even for a short period of time, that is too crowded for safety of the animals as well as the keepers.
You are soooo lucky to have been able to get so much hands-on
Patsy

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
Thanks for sharing, these were great to look at! It made me wonder what the philly zoo has in terms of indoor setup. I'll have to see if I can negotiate a behind the scenes tour of my local zoo!

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
BethyB1022 said:
Thanks for sharing, these were great to look at! It made me wonder what the philly zoo has in terms of indoor setup. I'll have to see if I can negotiate a behind the scenes tour of my local zoo!

Great pics of the dinosaurs!

They are almost the size of the WW1 US tracked personnel carriers or the WW1 French tanks. Not much ground clearance needed.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Beautiul pics! I am sure you had an amazing day at the zoo! They are sooo huge and sooo beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Cory what a great experiance. Now I will have to set up for a trip. Last time I was there a couple of years ago didn't even get to see the torts. Would have taken two days or more to see it all. New Baby Panda was on the top of the list that day.
They are so majestic and to roam with them - Wow how wonderful for you.
Thanks for sharing your pics and adventure with us.
See you next Month.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
How did you get the op to go behind the scenes?
that was cool..
One day.. many years ago.. I went to that zoo with my aunt. That was when they allowed kids to ride the torts.. I wish I had a pic of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.