Zenyatta the super horse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California, central coast
Zenyatta (foaled April 1, 2004 in Kentucky) is an American champion Thoroughbred racehorse, undefeated in her 19 starts — and one of the relatively few undefeated horses in American Thoroughbred racing history.
She will race for the last time this saturday in 2010 'The Breeders Cup Classic', the winnings if she wins, will be 5 million $$. I can't wait to see this race and see her beat the boys again!!....:D
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qUZXtTzT6M[/video]
This horse is HUGE standing at 17.2 hands! In her races she's always last and then passes the other horses to win the race, awesome!
She's also called 'The dancing Queen' because of her fancy moves on the way to the gate.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anXzTZRbHHI[/video]
This is how it looks to gallop on a horse, at 40 miles per hour!! Weeeee!
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv49V2RzgHw[/video]

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Nice post :)

My barrel racer, an Appaloosa named Oreo (I called him Cookie) was 17.1 HH, so I know just how big that is. At a gallop it feels like flying.

Zenyatta isn't even trying. Running on the outside like that, with no effort... I wonder how fast she can go if pushed?

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
how do you guys post pictures strait to the thread and how the heck did you post youtube vids as well? I agree she is a super horse. I love to watch her run chest all out like a bull. What a stride! Reminds me of Cigar. Lets see if she can stay unbeaten unlike Cigar. Mike Smith good jockey (lucky mount)

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
kyryah said:
Nice post :)

My barrel racer, an Appaloosa named Oreo (I called him Cookie) was 17.1 HH, so I know just how big that is. At a gallop it feels like flying.

Zenyatta isn't even trying. Running on the outside like that, with no effort... I wonder how fast she can go if pushed?
Wow 17.1 is really tall Kristina! My TB was 16.1 and we had lots of mounting steps for sure..:D It looks effortless for Zenyatta when she runs, and her ears are straight forward too!..:D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
For images, you put the URL in between these tags

For youtube videos, it is [video=youtube][/video]

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
onarock said:
how do you guys post pictures strait to the thread and how the heck did you post youtube vids as well? I agree she is a super horse. I love to watch her run chest all out like a bull. What a stride! Reminds me of Cigar. Lets see if she can stay unbeaten unlike Cigar. Mike Smith good jockey (lucky mount)
Yes Mike Smith is a 'Hall of famer', one of the greatest jockeys of our time. I just learned from kristina how to add the video's, thanks Kristina!...:)

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
DonaTello said:
onarock said:
Yes Mike Smith is a 'Hall of famer', one of the greatest jockeys of our time. I just learned from kristina how to add the video's, thanks Kristina!...:)

Yes I would say Mike has hall of fame numbers but he spent most of his career on the east coast. One he went out west he struggled for a long time in the big game. Good jockey, yes, Hall of Fame numbers, yes, One of the greatest in our generation, I have to disagree.
Great post, I love horse racing and as a kid and well untill I was 24 spent my summers at Del Mar, where the surf meets the turf
good stuff

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
onarock said:
DonaTello said:
onarock said:

Yes I would say Mike has hall of fame numbers but he spent most of his career on the east coast. One he went out west he struggled for a long time in the big game. Good jockey, yes, Hall of Fame numbers, yes, One of the greatest in our generation, I have to disagree.
Great post, I love horse racing and as a kid and well untill I was 24 spent my summers at Del Mar, where the surf meets the turf
good stuff
"where the surf meets the turf" how lucky for you!...;)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
DonaTello said:
Wow 17.1 is really tall Kristina! My TB was 16.1 and we had lots of mounting steps for sure..:D It looks effortless for Zenyatta when she runs, and her ears are straight forward too!..:D

Huge horse, huge stride, huge butt :) He was HANDSOME! I have pictures somewhere.... Silver Bay with a white blanket. The white had black spots, the bay had big brown spots on his butt, and all along his sides and neck where butterscotch colored spots. Hardly any mane or tail, but it was silver blonde. Totally Appy, lol. He was registered Appy but had more TB blood in him than anything. I know someone with a paint mare that way - registered Paint, but more or less a spotted TB :)

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
kyryah said:
DonaTello said:

Huge horse, huge stride, huge butt :) He was HANDSOME! I have pictures somewhere.... Silver Bay with a white blanket. The white had black spots, the bay had big brown spots on his butt, and all along his sides and neck where butterscotch colored spots. Hardly any mane or tail, but it was silver blonde. Totally Appy, lol. He was registered Appy but had more TB blood in him than anything. I know someone with a paint mare that way - registered Paint, but more or less a spotted TB :)
Poor appy's.....they don't get much mane or tail but they make up for it with the beautiful markings...:p Find the pictures, I'd love to see them!

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
What really impressed me was that the owners of Zenyatta didn't race her until she was a 3yr old, they gave her time to 'mature'. They could have raced her as a 2yr old but waited for her to grow. It's common to race them as 2yrs but their still babies, still growing.......this is why so many TB's break down at the tracks.....very sad......a very greedy industry.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Todays the day. Lets see if she can beat the boys like she did last year. You go girl!! So, is posting pictures straight to the thread along with video a secret here. Come on Dona Tello the "I just learned from Kristina" is a hold out. To quote smokey, "puff, puff, give". Ha Ha
Trevor Denman, "Santa Anita Circuit", "Del Mar" announcer calling the Breeders Cup.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
onarock said:
So, is posting pictures straight to the thread along with video a secret here. Come on Dona Tello the "I just learned from Kristina" is a hold out.

You need to re-read Kristina's post #5 in this thread

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
emysemys said:
onarock said:
So, is posting pictures straight to the thread along with video a secret here. Come on Dona Tello the "I just learned from Kristina" is a hold out.

You need to re-read Kristina's post #5 in this thread

I had no idea that Kyria was Kristina, I guess you all know each other, Ive been searching for a kristina an this thread not reading stuff from a kyria. Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
onarock said:
I had no idea that Kyria was Kristina, I guess you all know each other, Ive been searching for a kristina an this thread not reading stuff from a kyria. Thanks

I'm so sorry, Rock. That's one of the reason's I usually ask new folks what is there "real" name, if in their introduction thread they don't include it. I should have referred to her user name too. Sorry.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
No worries Emys, I like the way you left out the puff puff give part. It made me look like a hard A**. Anyway, I still cant figure it out. I guess I'll just keepah tryin'.
ALOHA NUI LOA
KANAKA MAOLI

Status
Not open for further replies.