Zen Habitat

methos75

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
Nothing fancy but I picked up a Zen Habitat to test out as indoor enclosures for my guys and set up a little bioactive enclosure for my Homes Hingeback. This are really nice looking and wife approved, she really is digging how nice they look compared to some of the other enclosures I've used in the past. First off, these are a breeze to put together. I had it fully built in ten minutes. So that's nice and I like that they are expandable so I can add other enclosures to them as needed and my guys grow. They hold humidity really well, I have a fogger set up to turn on when the enclosure drops below 80% but 24 hours later it has yet to kick on once and humidity has stayed above 95%. I don't use heat at all with my Homes so no idea how well these hold heat but the enclosure has stayed constant at 78 which is perfect for him.

Few things I don't like. The substrate barrier uses double sided tape to stay in place and it's a iffy solution. Tape is pretty trash and barely holds my barrier in place and at one point while putting in the substrate it fell out which was a mess. Be nice if slots were added to actually hold the barrier in place. The weight of the substrate and the doors now keep it in place where it's needed. I think for my next Zen Habitat I'm going to use a epoxy to glue it in place first. Another thing I'm sorta wishing was a bit better is maybe if the screen top had a slightly larger mesh pattern. I screwed my Arcadia T5 fixture and lamp holders directly to the screen top and while it was doable it took more work than it should of since I had to use a tool to widen the mesh gaps a bit to get the screws in.

Those are really my only two gripes, if those were improved upon these would be perfect for my needs.C8560FE7-C0E0-42F0-8FAD-06A3917F8E03.jpeg28420EAF-AB52-4862-B7B6-C7C370EFA6EC.jpeg04918F08-D027-4B73-97F5-25DBDD033AB3.jpeg3E357EDE-6839-439E-8F4D-98A54D5AFF5C.jpeg