Yucatan box turtle ! Pics!!

guille24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
wisconsin
Good luck finding some. This guy must have a sweat spot. All my Mexican friends down there never find any within their native range.
The MUDs I can find them my self I know a few places where to get them usually when I find them I find them during the dry season and it's easier to catch them .

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I love those ! But so hard to get I believe there are a few places in Mexico that breed them and sell the babies the legal way and they give you documentation and everything , I just have to find out where , I'll see if I can get some info for you .
That would be cool. But they're a cites 1a listed on endangered species act through USFW. Would be very very difficult to obtain from Mexico. Here in the. US would be easy, if found.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
That would be cool. But they're a cites 1a listed on endangered species act through USFW. Would be very very difficult to obtain from Mexico. Here in the. US would be easy, if found.
Were there any imports of this species in the past ?

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
It would be awesome if someone can find some here in the states !

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
cohahuilans are awesome ! I wish I could have a couple , I heard they can lay up to 3 times a year I wonder why they are so expensive , the closest I'll ever get to a cohahuilan will be a Mexican mud turtle kinosternon chimalhuaca I love those I don't know how rare they are or if we have any in the states but I really want some ! in Mexico they are listed as in danger and u have to get a permit to have them but I'm sure getting some of those !
i saw a cohauilan for sale on Kingsnake.com couple months ago. $700 for sub adult, need CBW permit

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
i saw a cohauilan for sale on Kingsnake.com couple months ago. $700 for sub adult, need CBW permit
Yeah they're CITES 1 and listed on the endangered species act. So require a CBW to be sent across state lines commercially.