Youtube-ness: What type of angry tortoise is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
I think its a hermans. They have also obviously sped up the footage, the opposite of slowmo-ing it. He's not actually that fast. :)

Shalon

5 Year Member
They probably have some kind of food out of the range of the camera that he is trying to get. Edna will come after food like that.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
looks like a hermanns but if you look at the video it looks like it is attacking the camera and not the person, maybe it thought it was another tortoise.

muddled

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Lol, sometimes it even takes a while for my hatchlings to realize there's food in the plate so I haven't experienced tortoises following me for luchtime yet. :) It does look like it's trying to bite the camera though, I thought maybe it was a territorial thing... guess not :D

pyxistort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
It looks like an Angulate tortoise (Chersina angulata).

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I'll bet if Hermie was ever mad like that, you could soothe him with a soft word or a treat!;)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stephanie Logan said:
I'll bet if Hermie was ever mad like that, you could soothe him with a soft word or a treat!;)

You are right, a piece of mazuri and Hermy would probably stop trying attacking me or my camera :D and would ask for more mazuri of course ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.