Your kidding me right! Worse adoption reply ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
So i put a add on CL for my Box turtles. I am looking for the perfect home for them.

I mean PERFECT! Like Terryo's set up. I guess i could post it on here, but i am not sure how many sac peeps are on here.

Man Cory, i wish my girls would have both been together when you were visiting. Millie would love to have them back!

I am not in a rush, and I will go through the club members applications, but i want to look at all my options and follow Yvonne's example and do a site inspection.

Well here is a reply i got just now! Get ready to ponder this persons intentions.
Do you still have the box turtles? I have experience with them, I have 2 box turtles that we have and my Iguana lives on top of the inclosure. How much do you want for them, or are you trying to find them a good home

turtles001.jpg

turtles002.jpg

turtles003.jpg

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
GOOD GOD. Email and tell them they have Russians for f**ks sake. Man, I hate CL. Put them up here Terra. Save yourself some trouble. People are idiots. >:[

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I replyed that those are not Box turtles, they are Russian tortoises,

She replied, with 2 new pics, of her holding them.. kind of proves there real and not a fake internet pic..

"These are suppose to be box turtles. I have had them for a year."

Then she called me...

So in the end, i save the Russian torts life!

There havent had d3 in a year, calcium or any thing besides collard green's

on that green outdoor carpet only as well..

I am surprise they survived hibernation

http://www.russiantortoise.org/care_sheet.htm
turtlesalso001.jpg

chadk

10 Year Member!
Nice language meg...

Terra, I had some similarly sad and also enterataining responses to a few critters I was adopting out recently. I sure seem like people cannot read or spell now days... Or do 10 seconds worth of internet searching for species id and caresheets...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Hey I have some boxies that look like that, problem solved.

chadk

10 Year Member!
You should really mess with her and explain that that is a ball python and not an iguanna :)

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
chadk said:
Nice language meg...

Terra, I had some similarly sad and also enterataining responses to a few critters I was adopting out recently. I sure seem like people cannot read or spell now days...

I have noticed that as well. "I sure seem"?

chadk

10 Year Member!
LOL. Nice. For some reason, I knew I would be setting myself up for that :)

But here is what I was getting at... Keep in mind this is supposed to be an email to me (not just a quick post on a forum) that is intended to give me confidence that they are intelligent, thoughtful, and willing and able to care for the animals in question. So I would think a little more thought and effort would be put into it. I know when I am responding to these types of adds looking for good homes, I take my time and give them my background, experience, pictures, links to caresheets I like, etc etc.

Here is what I got:

Hi there, I am interested in knowing if you are really getting rid of yuor beardie for free or if this is a fake add? I would love to come and get them, Please do call xxxxxx or txt xxxxxx anytime day or night. My small family are looking to adapt a beardie and woudl be more then welcome to help you, If this is realy the situastion,
thank you very much. hope to hear from you soon.

Yes, I am. But only to a good home. Can you answer any of the questions in the ad?
Okay, Alsome.
So our family is My son,My husbandand Myself.We are in our late 20's and fun family.
Note we are not some normal reptile flippers(i guess thats waht they are called)
We live in xxxx and have fulll incame.
We have had two other beardies, but sadley one past away from old age of 6. The other one was my husbands brothers and he is still trucken.We r going and looking at a 50 gallon tank next wed in Tacoma, and hopfully we are picking it up but the lady acted kinda fishy so hopfuly she is still going to be meeting up with us.
A beardie home should be at leaset a 50 gallon tank with lid and stand.
Its should have at leaset two logs, maybe a fake plant, two temp metors(temp and humity)
a water dish and food dish for greens,Spray bottel to spray them,Their temps should be from red light at night:in the 70's and basking light:95-100.and day temps other then basking spot should be anywhere between 78-88.
Basking light needs to have uvb in to better the beardie, For a healthy diet of greens(never to be fed spenige), milwarms,and crickets. Our beardie was held about 70% of the day , loved running around on our bed at night and in our living room during day.
We r in no hurry to get anyones problams, and are open for helping people that needs help.
About a month ago we went and looked at a beardie that a guy said was friendly and nice. I was so ready for that day to come, becasue was pretty sure we were getting her and got there and she was nothing like he had said. She was mean and unheathy. I was abut to take her just to rebetter her but wasnt about to spend $200 dallors her. Its not about the money but most these cl people are all out for the money. Its sad ,poor animals. So like i said not in any hurry, just remember when ever your ready we r here with open arms.
Thanks. I have a lot of folks interested. I will get back to you if you are selected as the new home for the lizard.

So the lady we were meting up with last wed never showed she said she had a thing come up , and so my husbands broother is seeing if their son is not needing his 30 gallon anymore. Do you think that would work for your beardie? I am not sure how big it is, my computers kinda old so pics wouldnt blow up,,,,,, Still im very interesetd in it, and would love to meet up but live kinda far. If anything we can get your number and me or my husband would love to give you a vcall and chat....
Hope to hear from you soon, thanks

30 gal is definitely too small. Would be great for 1, 2, or even 3 leopard geckos. They are great lizards and easy to care for.

Yeah, I know all about geckos, My son has one and I had one when i was little, not my thing.... I guess when i can find one for not so much money and hopfuly you still have it we can move on. Thanks

A new home has been found. Thank you for your time and interest.

Thank you very much for offereing your aniamls to my famliy and I, but i have to turn my head at this time.
I know how to take care of beardie dragons, have never went onto a interent sit to figure things out and have had plenty of time to be doing my research other then knowing the basics. and your are making me feel like your having getting a additude about this whole things.
I totally understand your was of narrowing the list down of people responding to free lizards but my feelings have been hurt.
I am a 26 yr old women and you have made me feel like i am back in school taking a test or somthing. I would never go to a pet store to buy a beardie and would never get one from those kind of people who have hundreds or lizards in little tanks in the down stairs.
Myself and my family have been looking to rehome a bearded dragon for a yr nowand have been loooking on cl for months and will keep looking, and thought this was the lucky one we were going to get but i have changed my mind. Once again thank you very much for your time.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
hahahaha Chad is that for real? I don't even know where to begin...does spenige = spinach ???
I love how you told her you had found a new home and SHE pretended like she decided she didn't want it anymore. What a strange person.

chadk

10 Year Member!
I promise I did not edit anything beyond names and phone numbers :) My responses are not verbatim - I actually typed up a long response to all those who did not 'win' and gave them links to excellet online resources for caresheets and even a link to a local rescue that has various lizards up for adoption. I went above and beyond... at least I thought so. And this is only one of many such exchanges with others...

Yeah, it was like she was quitting after being fired ;)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I get the same kinds of things all the time. I posted a wanted ad for a horse a few years ago, and got this one -

HI I have the one of pony that does drive and ride even she is great with kids on leadline. She may be in foal (not sure yet) I am selling her to good home as family home that she likes growing with. I am selling her to due school that she is too pretty sitting in back yard! she is 12.hand and 16 years old. I am asking 2,000 or best offer. I will send you picture if you interested.thank you, Debbie"

I was like, WOW. I know I make grammar and spelling mistakes occasionally, but I am reasonably sure that you guys can make heads or tails of what I am trying to say. I was lost on that one. Well, the sentence about wanting $2,000 was legible....

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Chad, that e-mail was probably the hardest thing to read I've seen in a while.

I am pretty sure I would have stopped once she said "spenige".

-ryan-

5 Year Member
To chad's post:

beardie died at 6 years old of 'old age'? I have a bearded dragon with cancer (diagnosed over two years ago, tumor removed once at that time, and it's been coming back). I got him as a fully grown adult eight years ago. Of course they won't live long though if you use outdated husbandry techniques. Otherwise they are actually pretty long-lived pets.

Looks like you dodged a bullet on that one. It's one thing for a dragon to pass away at 6 years old, but you can't really blame that on 'old age'.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
kyryah said:
I get the same kinds of things all the time. I posted a wanted ad for a horse a few years ago, and got this one -

HI I have the one of pony that does drive and ride even she is great with kids on leadline. She may be in foal (not sure yet) I am selling her to good home as family home that she likes growing with. I am selling her to due school that she is too pretty sitting in back yard! she is 12.hand and 16 years old. I am asking 2,000 or best offer. I will send you picture if you interested.thank you, Debbie"

That could have easily been written by somebody who does not speak English well, or somebody who does not speak it at all, and used an internet translation website such as Babelfish..

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
True, but either way, it was not possible for me to make it out. And I have my own opinions about not speaking English and living in the U.S., but I won't expound on those here, lol.

Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.