Worth the wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Bought this last fall on end of season nursery sale. Bought plant not knowing color of bloom, just as Hibiscus moscheutos.001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Very pretty! I was lucky enough to have a mother that planted lots of hibiscus long before I got into tortoises, so we have three or four HUGE hibiscus plants. We have one that color, and then one that's kind of a burgundy. My favorite has always been the white one with red streaks :cool:

With flowers so pretty, it's hard to give them up as tortoise food sometimes.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I bought two cold hardy ones this year for 7 bucks each. Getting great flowers from the one I didn't accidentally chop in half:(. The sad thing, the flowers last one day:(. If you have a great green thumb, that's the best time to buy, or a friend of a friend buys the flowers that are almost dead, cheap and then nurses them back in no time. I don't have a green thumb.:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That looks like one of the "hardy" variety hibiscus. I just love them. They will die back to the ground in the winter, but they come back better and stronger in the spring. And the flowers!!! Wow!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
The sad thing, the flowers last one day:(.

You have it all wrong! It's a great thing they only last a day, because that way you get to enjoy them for that one day and then the next day you don't feel bad about feeding them to the tortoises. :D

Very pretty Larry.

Status
Not open for further replies.