Why do wiener dogs eat everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haybug528

5 Year Member
Hello all! I just came home from class today and I discovered that one of my three dachshunds got into my RES's freeze dried shrimp bottle. They ate ALL of it. I'm concerned that my dog is going to be very sick...or even die.

They all seem ok, but I'm kind of nervous.

Has this happened to anyone?

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa, USA
As long as they aren't allergic to shrimp they should be fine. I know some people that give freeze dried shrimp, sometimes sardines, as treats.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Ehh he will be fine. Shrimp aren't poisonous at all. My cat always got into the turtle tank and ate the shrimp and besides gaining a bit of weight she was perfectly fine.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
That's a dachshund for ya! Well any dog really lol. I would offer a small amount of regular food to sorta dilute the shrimp in the belly but your dog should be fine (unless allergic)

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Don't let it breath on you. Shrimp + dog = horrible doggy breath. This is the voice of experience. My dachsie has done same.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
I thought this was the start of a bad joke lol, why do wiener dogs eat everything? Because they think their the hotdog or something lol

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
Mine eats his own poop >.< and our other dogs poop, and horse poop, and tortoise poop. And to top it off he LOVES to lick people....

Haybug528

5 Year Member
SmileyKylie623 said:
Mine eats his own poop >.< and our other dogs poop, and horse poop, and tortoise poop. And to top it off he LOVES to lick people....

My mother buys our three hamburgers from the drive thru. lol. I own a 30 pound wiener dog. They HATE anyone that comes into our home. They are very territorial. But every other dacshie I've met is like the nicest dog. Mine love to give kisses too! :p

herbortamus

5 Year Member
Florida
SmileyKylie623 said:

Yup. I couldn't believe it when my little runt wiener (7 pounds) came over to me with my tortoise's poop on her breath.

I always have to shoo the two wieners away from my tort's Mazuri.

Also, they LOVE broccoli. The first time I gave them broccoli, they were begging for food while was cooking. So I thought, "I'll show them," and gave them some florets. They were so happy! They gobbled them up and ran back for more. Now I give them all sorts of veggies: carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, bell pepper. But their favorite is broccoli.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
herbortamus said:
SmileyKylie623 said:

Yup. I couldn't believe it when my little runt wiener (7 pounds) came over to me with my tortoise's poop on her breath.

I always have to shoo the two wieners away from my tort's Mazuri.

Also, they LOVE broccoli. The first time I gave them broccoli, they were begging for food while was cooking. So I thought, "I'll show them," and gave them some florets. They were so happy! They gobbled them up and ran back for more. Now I give them all sorts of veggies: carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, bell pepper. But their favorite is broccoli.

7 pounds?!!! Mine is at least 20 pounds and probably almost 25 inches long and he is not fat by any means. He is like a big hound dog who had his legs cute off lmao.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
You guys are so funny!!! :)
Reminds me of my Beagle!! He eats everything too!!

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
I'm new to the forum...glad to see other Dachshund owners here! :) They are all unique, but, for the most part, they are piggies! LOL The 20 lb. one I saw mentioned would be considered a standard (16 lbs. & up); the 7 lb. a mini (11 lbs. & under); then you have the ones in the middle which are often loosely referred to as tweenies (12 -15 lbs.). I've had Dachshunds my whole life and each one has it's very own personality....some love everyone, some are very protective; they come in a great variety of colors, patterns, hair lengths and sizes. Perhaps we should start a thread w/pics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.