Who has the oldest tort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Who has the oldest tort? I see so much tortoises that are all older than my tommy so I am just wondering who has the oldest one? Maybe even who has the youngest? Tommy hatched May 21, 2012. Thanks!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I believe my male chaco is around 60. Ive had him for 10 years, the lady I bought them from had them for 16 years, and she said they came to her same size and aged old looking when she got them. Also chacos take about 15-20 years to fully grow, so a good estimate on my part, lowest would be 40 years old and oldest guess would be 60 or maybe 70. My youngest is 1 day old too. Burmese brown mountain that hatched yesterday afternoon(11-25-2012)

Im sure greg has the oldest. Im sure some of his aldabras are well around and over 100.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I know Steve Irwin had Samantha. She was a Galapagos that was actually on Charles Darwin boat and was settled in Darwin Australia. She died about 8 or 10 years ago. She was 186, if I recall correctly. Hard to find articles on her, because lonesome George precedences her in searches, which is ok with me. :D

pppffff. I was way off in remembering. Haha it was harriet and she was 176. Found an article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/1311510...acific/t/-year-old-darwins-tortoise-dies-zoo/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My first tortoise, that I still have, is a desert tortoise that came to me about 35 years ago and she was an older, full grown tortoise at that time. I'm estimating her age at about 70 years.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If your talking any species. As for TFO members, I'd have to say Greg (ALDABRAMAN) probably owns the oldest.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I wonder how old his oldest is? This might be a good time for Greg to pop in!

Status
Not open for further replies.