White spots on young Russians

crane

Location (City and/or State)
Long Beach, CA
Hi everyone, not my first time here but it has been a couple of years. I have 8 young Russians, just under a year old, a couple have developed some white spots on their shell. Any idea what thes might be? They are eating good, growing and are active. Kind of a bad photo but hope someone can make out the spots.

Attachments

• IMG_3848.JPG
    IMG_3848.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3849.JPG
    IMG_3849.JPG
    340.1 KB · Views: 17

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hard to see what you're worried about in those pictures, but I'm guessing it's the scrapes on the carapaces. It looks like they've been digging under cement or something abrasive like that. It's nothing to worry about, far as the shell is concerned. Not harmful. But if it were my tortoises I'd try to find what they're digging under and see if I could smooth it out.

crane

Long Beach, CA
Hard to see what you're worried about in those pictures, but I'm guessing it's the scrapes on the carapaces. It looks like they've been digging under cement or something abrasive like that. It's nothing to worry about, far as the shell is concerned. Not harmful. But if it were my tortoises I'd try to find what they're digging under and see if I could smooth it out.
Thanks Yvonne I will check it out and see what they are digging under.