Which grass and weed mix is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle42leopards

5 Year Member
Just wondering which seed mix to buy for my leos, sulcata and sonoran torts?

And also where to buy it? (carolina pet supply...etc.)

I live in phoenix.

J

jackyronell

Turtle cafe is the best place to buy seed mix for tortoise. They offers good quality products at a reasonable price. I think you should atleast check it once.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have purchased seed mixtures from carolinapetsupply.com and have been perfectly happy with them. The seeds are fresh and sprout very quickly. I bought the grazing tortoise seed for my Aldabran pen and the variety included in the mix was great. I bought the broad-leaf mixture for the Russian pen, but it had too much grass seed in it. I ended up pulling it all out. So then I bought each individual broad-leaf seed by themselves instead of in a mixture, and that worked out great.

Any of the grass seeds would be good for your desert tortoise and sulcata.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Hmm, I have the opposite problem with the Russian mix. All weeds grow, no grass. But the seed from Carolina is so fresh it sprouts within 24 hours, I must say.

ashleighnicol

5 Year Member
I ordered the seed mix from sulcatafood.com and my leopard loves it. It grows super fast! I planted mine in shallow dishes with a little bit of potting soil; kept the soil moist and within 3-4 days i had grass 4-5 inches tall.
This seed mix also contains a variety- yet everything in it is safe for consumption and geared towards the dietary needs of desert tortoises.

Status
Not open for further replies.