Which do you favor?

GGboy17

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
So do you guys like ornate box turtles more or Russian tortoises? Give reasoning.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
So do you guys like ornate box turtles more or Russian tortoises? Give reasoning.
I've only ever owned a Russian tortoise, so I can't tell you about which is easier to care for. But I can tell you, Russians don't need to eat live worms. And just my personal opinion... Russian's are cuter because their eyes are big round and black, whereas box turtles have pupils! ;) However, Russians might not be as friendly as a boxie, but they area definitely PACKED with personality!
upload_2017-4-11_9-50-46.pngupload_2017-4-11_9-53-51.png:p

KrissyLeigh

Today is my birthday!
south Texas
I would LOVE an ornate box turtle!!! They are so pretty, and I've heard full of personality! I also feel that you could make a way more intricate habitat for them - waterfalls, plants, etc. I live in the South though, so that helps.

If I could ever find one near me, I'd take it in a heartbeat!!! Same for ornate wood turtles, also a favorite!!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
He is a pic of all mine together, I don't soak them this way I just wanted a picture of the entire group.
View attachment 204531

I had a few Russians at one time, I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.
WOWIE-ZOWIE!!!!!!! :)
That's a whole lotta turtle gorgeousness all in one place!!!!!! :p:p :p