where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesey619

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
hi all, i am new to this site and have been researching Russian Tortoises for a month now. i read lots of care sheets and think i'm ready to take on the responsibility. now i just need to know where to find a reputable breeder. anyone have suggestions where i can find healthy hatchlings? thanks in advance for all your imput.:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cheesey619:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you? and may we know where in the world you are (appx.)?

I would rather buy from a breeder than from a pet store. If you go through the "for sale" section here on the forum, you can make a list of those folks here who sold babies in the past and contact them to see if they will have some in the future.

cheesey619

5 Year Member
NYC
Sorry, my name is Will and I live in NYC. I'm not sure if there are many tortoise owners in NYC, it gets to cold in the winter for them to stay outside. I plan on keeping them indoors and let them outside in spring and summer weather promitting. I was looking at all the online sites, hear good and bad things about all the sites. So thanks in advance for all the advice.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Will:

There is a turtle and tortoise club in New York (nytts.org) and I get notices from them all the time about tortoises that they have up for adoption.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome
We have quite a few members from NY.

cheesey619

5 Year Member
NYC
Thanks for all the welcomes! I have another question. In the very warm summer months, if kept inside, while at work because I can't monitor the tortoise, can an air condition be left on maybe on a 78 degree setting so that he doesn't over heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.