Where should the humidifier hose be placed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tignish99

5 Year Member
I have the Zoo med humidifier. The instructions do not really say where to put the end of the hose. Do I put it in the enclosure towards the bottom so that is sprays straight down, or towards the middle of the enclosure? Do I let it spray from the top?

Thank you

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
For my baby sulcata enclosure, I have mine set at the top about two inches down with the probe at the top middle. This enclosure is 2'x4'x2'.

tignish99

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
For my baby sulcata enclosure, I have mine set at the top about two inches down with the probe at the top middle. This enclosure is 2'x4'x2'.

Thank you. That makes sense, so as the humidity rises the probe will sense it. Where do you place the hose? Warm side or cold side or in the middle?

Cowboy_Ken said:
Actually, let me clarify. Two inches down as in two inches from the top of the lid or two inches from the substrate?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
For the most part it is on the nighttime warm spot. I have it so that as the fog comes down into the enclosure, it hits the top of the humid hide box. The humid hide has 1/4" holes drilled in it, so the water that condenses on top, drips into the sphagnum moss of the hide keeping its humidity up as well.

2" from the top of the enclosure. I did this to maximize the humidity in the enclosure.

tignish99

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
For the most part it is on the nighttime warm spot. I have it so that as the fog comes down into the enclosure, it hits the top of the humid hide box. The humid hide has 1/4" holes drilled in it, so the water that condenses on top, drips into the sphagnum moss of the hide keeping its humidity up as well.

2" from the top of the enclosure. I did this to maximize the humidity in the enclosure.

Thank you. That is a great idea about the humid hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.