Where are you buying incandescent bulbs?

Ak3035

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I used to buy mine at Home Depot in AZ every November when I came for the TTPG conference. This year I couldn't find any on the shelves, so I asked the employee. He told me they discontinued them all and sent them all back to HQ in August. I found a few of them down the street at the Ace hardware store in Mesa, but you will probably be best served by just ordering what you need and having it delivered to your door. Here in CA, the lunatics running this asylum made it illegal to sell them in CA, so we don't have the option of ordering them on-line. CA residents have to use the Arcadia brand reptile flood lamps, or we have to get our necessary bulbs out of state.
Thanks Tom! I heard the ban went nationwide a few months ago so that makes sense. The insanity has spread…

Of course we found our little baby in September! No wonder it’s been difficult since.

Thanks to everyone’s replies and searching for traffic light bulbs instead, I found a website called City Electric Supply (google didn’t want to show me that website of course until I changed my search wording)!! They’ve still got incandescent available for a great price so I’ve placed a large order!! 😄

And I’ll be looking into the dimmer idea from Len B to extend the life of the bulbs.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Thanks Tom! I heard the ban went nationwide a few months ago so that makes sense. The insanity has spread…

Of course we found our little baby in September! No wonder it’s been difficult since.

Thanks to everyone’s replies and searching for traffic light bulbs instead, I found a website called City Electric Supply (google didn’t want to show me that website of course until I changed my search wording)!! They’ve still got incandescent available for a great price so I’ve placed a large order!! 😄

And I’ll be looking into the dimmer idea from Len B to extend the life of the bulbs.
The ban is definitely not nationwide. I bought incandescent bulbs last week on Amazon (had them sent to relatives in NJ)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va

Make sure you get the dimmer that's good up to 300 watts.

Julia1982

5 Year Member
I used to buy mine at Home Depot in AZ every November when I came for the TTPG conference. This year I couldn't find any on the shelves, so I asked the employee. He told me they discontinued them all and sent them all back to HQ in August. I found a few of them down the street at the Ace hardware store in Mesa, but you will probably be best served by just ordering what you need and having it delivered to your door. Here in CA, the lunatics running this asylum made it illegal to sell them in CA, so we don't have the option of ordering them on-line. CA residents have to use the Arcadia brand reptile flood lamps, or we have to get our necessary bulbs out of state.

I have been having an impossible time getting them in CA. Good to know the Arcadia are an okay option because that is all I can find to use.