When you think its going badly...

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I used to ride out to Steamboat Landing outside of Lexington OH every July for the AMA vintage bike meet. 25,000 folks just like me. Rick Sines who lived nearby used to bring a grill like the one shown and a half-hog for our group of 12-20...but his hog was grill-ready.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Here we cook the pig in the ground.
It's a Caribbean thing. I think.
But I still can't eat a mammal that I saw alive. A fish. No problem.
It's a Hawaiian thing, in the ground. That's how they do it at the luaus and I'm sure a lot more than just luaus years ago.
And no, I would be letting it go. Not eating a pig that I see alive. Won't pick a live lobster to eat either. I do want to bust the tank though and let them all go lol.
If I lived near an ocean, I probably would🤔

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
You know all - its a pretty easy jump from "don't eat them if I see them alive" to "don't eat them at all."

Just saying :cool:

(ducking for cover)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You know all - its a pretty easy jump from "don't eat them if I see them alive" to "don't eat them at all."

Just saying :cool:

(ducking for cover)
👊 Lol
If I lived by myself I could easily do it. But hub barely likes enough variety with meat being an option.
He won't even try a veggie burger. One day I will sneak one in. I haven't had one yet either but am willing to try.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
👊 Lol
If I lived by myself I could easily do it. But hub barely likes enough variety with meat being an option.
He won't even try a veggie burger. One day I will sneak one in. I haven't had one yet either but am willing to try.
I personally like Impossible Burgers much better than Beyond Burgers, but they are the thin kind, like what you'd get at a fast food place (not THAT thin, but still thin vs fat restaurant ones)

If you want to try something truly delicious though, I highly recommend Impossible Homestyle Meatballs. When I serve them for my meat eating friends, they say they like them better than other non-home-made.

I don't like sausages, but I'm told both the Impossible Spicey and the Beyond Sweet Sausages are really good.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I personally like Impossible Burgers much better than Beyond Burgers, but they are the thin kind, like what you'd get at a fast food place (not THAT thin, but still thin vs fat restaurant ones)

If you want to try something truly delicious though, I highly recommend Impossible Homestyle Meatballs. When I serve them for my meat eating friends, they say they like them better than other non-home-made.

I don't like sausages, but I'm told both the Impossible Spicey and the Beyond Sweet Sausages are really good.
On the American test kitchen,the impossible burgers were the winners. That's the one I planned on trying.
I'll have to try the meatballs to. I don't like Amy of the premade ones, but would like to find a good one. Thanks for the tips.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Just make sure you get the homestyle meatballs. They are better than the regular ones.