Wheezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

5 Year Member
I noticed today that Greta my Russian is maybe wheezing a little bit. There is no fluid around her nose or mouth. She is eating a ton still and has been laying in the sun throughout the day. I called petsmart and all they have is that vitamin stuff for birds. Should I soak her in that?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Well.....when you say wheezing, like he is a little dry wheezing or a juicy heavy wheezing? Is it all of the time or did you hear it once, twice, all week? :D

Niki

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Well.....when you say wheezing, like he is a little dry wheezing or a juicy heavy wheezing? Is it all of the time or did you hear it once, twice, all week? :D

It's like a dry wheezing, and it's not constant. I noticed it after she ate and then maybe an hour later when she was laying in the sun. I just checked and now she seems fine. Maybe I am a little paranoid. I am a new tortoise mommy.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LOL....paranoid is alright....not that anyone else on this tortoise forum is paranoid, uber OCD or any of those other neurotic phrases....LOL

Well, likely it is going to be nothing, however, I would continue to keep an eye out to make sure it does not become a thing (I recall this beauty recently emerged from brumation) and it is perfectly acceptable to be especially alert for at least a couple of weeks after your sleeping beauty emerges.... :D

Niki

5 Year Member
ascott said:
LOL....paranoid is alright....not that anyone else on this tortoise forum is paranoid, uber OCD or any of those other neurotic phrases....LOL

Well, likely it is going to be nothing, however, I would continue to keep an eye out to make sure it does not become a thing (I recall this beauty recently emerged from brumation) and it is perfectly acceptable to be especially alert for at least a couple of weeks after your sleeping beauty emerges.... :D

Thank you!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I know we all tend to panic at the first wheeze, but usually they are nothing to be concerned about. Among the more serious problems that it could be a sign of are not a humid enough environment, too much dust, an allergy, stress and of course an URI (upper respiratory infection). Like you were told just keep a close eye... and ear on her.

Itzy's Momma

5 Year Member
I heard some whistling/weezing noise coming from my baby "Itzy" lastnight and in the past few weeks. In searching this sights forums I have calmed down a bit. I thought it was a sign of being happy but I now found out I just needed to up the humidity in her enclosure. Thank Goddess for this site cuz I was unsure and nervous, but now i'm feeling better. I soaked her lastnight and re-vamped her lil kingdom. I haven't heard a peep. YaY!!!! Be well all!!

Itzy's Momma

5 Year Member
Itzy.jpg
Jacqui said:
I know we all tend to panic at the first wheeze, but usually they are nothing to be concerned about. Among the more serious problems that it could be a sign of are not a humid enough environment, too much dust, an allergy, stress and of course an URI (upper respiratory infection). Like you were told just keep a close eye... and ear on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.