What to feed my Russian and where to get some stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalaglo

5 Year Member
Okay so I got Boris a few weeks ago. So far I have fed him butternut squash, carrotts, spring mix lettuce mix, green leaf lettuce, bib lettuce and raddichio. I try and mix it up a bit. He doesn't touch his timothy hay...or the tortoise pellets the store sold me. Anyone else have this issue? Also I think I might be overfeeding him. I read online that they shouldn't be fed every day and I have been doing that. And I also think I am giving him too much every day. Anyone have a tip on how much to feed and how many days a week to feed? Also...should I spray the calcium supplement on his food every feeding? And one more question :rolleyes:...where do I get all these leaves and plants that everyone is talking about? Dandelion, grape leaves, hibiscus, rose petals etc. In my house plants don't grow very well due to lack of sunlight...are some things sold at the grocery store and I'm just not aware of this? I want to make sure I am giving him what he needs. It seems there is a very long list of plants and flowers you can choose from but I have no clue where to get them.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
You can actually purchase seeds from just about any plant on a variety of online sites....also one that I like is Johnnyseeds.com

Also....what you are feeding is good butuntil light onfor the squashlittle and carrots....until you get some stuff planted and growing..weather permitting of course :D

Sorry for weird add words as I am using my stupid smart phone and it randomly adds words...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.