What Phoenix Does every morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

byerssusan

Thank you. Ends up Phoenix likes the cave better than the humid hide. So I done have plans as Phoenix grows..So will her caves lol.. I Loved making it any way.

M

Maggie Cummings

Sorry, I say this meaning no disrespect but she is kept too cold and that pebble stuff is gross. She needs greens and grasses and weeds to eat. In the wild it would be too hard for them to open the jar of pebbles :). Her eyes don't look very good they are only half open and not very bright. Might I suggest you try feeding her some greens from the store, and some dandelions from outside? They would be much better for her then that crap you're feeding her. Also please warm up her habitat. The temp on the cool side should be about 75 and the hot side should be about 100. I think she is too cold and on her way to being sick.

B

byerssusan

maggie3fan said:
Sorry, I say this meaning no disrespect but she is kept too cold and that pebble stuff is gross. She needs greens and grasses and weeds to eat. In the wild it would be too hard for them to open the jar of pebbles :). Her eyes don't look very good they are only half open and not very bright. Might I suggest you try feeding her some greens from the store, and some dandelions from outside? They would be much better for her then that crap you're feeding her. Also please warm up her habitat. The temp on the cool side should be about 75 and the hot side should be about 100. I think she is too cold and on her way to being sick.

Well your a little late in your advice. This was about a month ago I believe. For one she is not being kept too cold.l She stays quite warm actually.. At the that time her eyes were bothering her because of the spiral lighting that I was using..and stopped immediatley after finding out that they could lead to blindness. As far as her food. It has really done her good so far. And if you have read ANY of my threads which I am sure you have she is eating a more natural diet now. Too say that it is crap i was feeding her was pretty insulting though..when I know there are those here on this forum who also use it. Hey thanks for your input though *S* She is healthy soon will be 3 months old and weighs in at 119 grams.. I'd say she is doing quite well.

chart501

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Did you make the rock cave? what is used to keep the rocks together that is safe for the torts...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi chart501:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "Introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

B

byerssusan

chart501 said:
Did you make the rock cave? what is used to keep the rocks together that is safe for the torts...

Yeah I made them from concrete and flat rocks I found. That and a little sanding to make sure no sharp edges..She loves her hide. I also made a humid hide that way.. Using tupper ware and adding the concrete and rocks to it also.

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
That is a pretty cool little cave. My sulcata only likes hides that are just barely big enough, so it would be too much work to keep up with him I think, but I like how natural your hides look.

M

Maggie Cummings

byerssusan said:
maggie3fan said:

Well your a little late in your advice. This was about a month ago I believe. For one she is not being kept too cold.l She stays quite warm actually.. At the that time her eyes were bothering her because of the spiral lighting that I was using..and stopped immediatley after finding out that they could lead to blindness. As far as her food. It has really done her good so far. And if you have read ANY of my threads which I am sure you have she is eating a more natural diet now. Too say that it is crap i was feeding her was pretty insulting though..when I know there are those here on this forum who also use it. Hey thanks for your input though *S* She is healthy soon will be 3 months old and weighs in at 119 grams.. I'd say she is doing quite well.

You are right, somehow I did get in on an old thread. But I still say that food is crap and I don't see how that's insulting at all. I call it like it is. However, I am glad you are now feeding her a better diet. I am also glad she is warmer now. and I will pay more attention to the dates on the threads I read, and I won't comment on the old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.