What parts of radish can be fed?

FoggyStreets

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
So, a while ago I mentioned I planted some broadleaf testudo mix...and they have been THRIVING! :)
I noticed recently the red clovers and the radishes have been getting pretty big - they're still young and I'm letting them grow but I was curious what parts of the radishes are safe to give to my russian tortoise?
I read on the tortoise table that the roots are unsafe. Does that include the red bulb part?

She's not a picky eater by the way. I've actually never seen her reject anything yet. It's crazy, the other day I gave her some thyme and a little bit of cilantro and the smells didn't seem to bother her at all. :)

EricW

Houston, TX
So, a while ago I mentioned I planted some broadleaf testudo mix...and they have been THRIVING! :)
I noticed recently the red clovers and the radishes have been getting pretty big - they're still young and I'm letting them grow but I was curious what parts of the radishes are safe to give to my russian tortoise?
I read on the tortoise table that the roots are unsafe. Does that include the red bulb part?

She's not a picky eater by the way. I've actually never seen her reject anything yet. It's crazy, the other day I gave her some thyme and a little bit of cilantro and the smells didn't seem to bother her at all. :)
None of my torts will eat the radish so I have never worried about it.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
As long as it's a part of a varied diet, and not the only thing they're eating, I think radishes are a great food.

I think radish greens are more nutritious for torts, but I love the crunching sound of them eating the radish itself, plus hydration.

Jamie

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I also have the Testudo seed mix, and I've been feeding my tortoises all parts of the plant for years.