What is your favorite type of turtle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
RedfootsRule said:
Really? I guess if you lay down they could slowly gnaw away through your throat...

If you eat one that was feeding on poison mushrooms..... I heard the happened before.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
tortoises101 said:
The leatherback.

Good choice, I hadn't even thought of that. It is pretty special to see them swimming in front of you. I haven't got to swim with one yet but next time, I'm going in.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Gerards said:
RedfootsRule said:
Really? I guess if you lay down they could slowly gnaw away through your throat...

If you eat one that was feeding on poison mushrooms..... I heard the happened before.

True, but then its not so much the box turtle killing YOU as you stupidly killing the box turtle and then eating it. Its more the mushroom killing you, or you killing yourself...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would have to say the alligator snapping turtles they are cool

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Though not a water turtle - my favorite is a bright yellow Terrapene Carolina Carolina. Specifically, this is my favorite turtle:

Super.jpg

The above didn't belong to me though.

Here was one I had:

ym1.jpg

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Wow what beautiful bright colors!
I am trying to figure out favourite water turtle- thinking diamond back terrapins and that started after looking at Turtletary's website a couple of years back. Hadn't seen any until then.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Gerards said:
tortoises101 said:
The leatherback.

Good choice, I hadn't even thought of that. It is pretty special to see them swimming in front of you. I haven't got to swim with one yet but next time, I'm going in.

They're an incredibly unique species based on their physiology and are more like a warm blooded monster reptile. It must be an unforgettable experience to swim with them. In terms of awe, nothing comes close.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
tortoises101 said:
They're an incredibly unique species based on their physiology and are more like a warm blooded monster reptile. It must be an unforgettable experience to swim with them. In terms of awe, nothing comes close.

I have seen several offshore but always while we we seriously fishing. I don't care what's going on next time, I'm getting in with it.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
JeffG said:
Alligator snapping turtle. Any turtle that could kill me is pretty awesome.

Agreed!

Neal said:
Though not a water turtle - my favorite is a bright yellow Terrapene Carolina Carolina. Specifically, this is my favorite turtle:

The above didn't belong to me though.

Here was one I had:
Cool turtle!

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
tortoises101 said:
I'll also add batagur baska, batagur borneoensis, and the giant Amazon river turtle to the list. :cool:

All batagur, really and the exspansa are freaking sweet. I'm getting batagur affinis this year, closest you can get to the baska , for now.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Gerards said:
tortoises101 said:
I'll also add batagur baska, batagur borneoensis, and the giant Amazon river turtle to the list. :cool:

All batagur, really and the exspansa are freaking sweet. I'm getting batagur affinis this year, closest you can get to the baska , for now.

Are you involved in any turtle conservation groups? This is beyond insane. We need a pic heavy thread of this.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Gerards, what licensing did you have to have? Unless I'm mistaken, affinis is endangered, and I would expect some licensing/permitting required for that in Florida...Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.