What do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cope97

5 Year Member
Me and my mum live in the UK and we're both considering getting a tortoise together. (Not for a good few months yet)

Do you think it would be best for us to rehome an older tortoise, or a younger one? We really want to rehome one to give it a better life but are confused in what age would be best, what do you think?

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
I like young ones, but if you go for breeding then go for bigger ones.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If you have experience with torts then I would suppose either is good...if you have little or no experience then an adult would have my vote...;)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Have you thought about which type of tortoise you would like to have?

You can read up on different tortoises, their adult care and hatchling care, then make a decision based on the type of care you can best provide!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Welcome!

I'm in the UK, too. I wanted to raise a tortoise from sub-adult size, so purchased Emrys when he'd just turned two years old, but if you're happy with an adult then there are plenty that need homes.

Alternatively, take a look on Gumtree. I'm always looking on there to make sure that there are none in really terrible condition, but there are constantly a few of varying ages that could do with new homes.

cope97

5 Year Member
Team Gomberg said:
Have you thought about which type of tortoise you would like to have?

You can read up on different tortoises, their adult care and hatchling care, then make a decision based on the type of care you can best provide!

We're most likely getting a Hermanns.

Status
Not open for further replies.