Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: What advise do I need

Depends upon what you're looking for. I don't know much about dickering prices when buying a new car, but if you want advice on scrubbing the bathroom...I'm your gal!!!

(We have a pretty nice Russian tortoise care sheet in the "Important Threads" at the top of the Russian tortoise section)

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
thetortoiseguy said:

I believe several member have provided you links to russian tortoise care on the forum. You can also look them up on the forum in the google search bar. You haven't really told anyone of your care of your tortoise, so we can't help until you tell us.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I've seen many of your posts and in a nut shell,

I'd like to see you have a better understanding of UV, D3 and calcium.
Feed more broad leaf weeds and less store bought greens.
Providing a large outdoor pen (even though you are in UK) so that your Russian can enjoy the outdoors safely when the weather is right.
An improved indoor enclosure. You need it to be larger, a deeper substrate, proper basking area and a humid hide.

I think you should spend some time reading through all the information people have linked to you. You'll find some people have different opinions on certain things but each opinion will still be within an acceptable range.

We'd love for your tortoise to thrive in your care.

Good luck. And come back with more detailed questions after you've dug into the basics.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you go to the Russian tortoise section, Tom has written a good care sheet and it is shown as one of the "important threads" at the top of the section.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
there is a specific forum on here for Russian tortoises, not to mention the many care sheets available online. i suggest you study everything you can.

honestly, there's no shame in not knowing things....especially about a tortoise, ha. i didn't know much before i found this forum. all in all, you want to make your tortoise feel like a tortoise so try your best to make his enclosure and diet more like the wild. we're all here to help you and your tortoise enjoy each other :)