What do I do until I get night box setup?!?

DallysW

Location (City and/or State)
Longview TX
Hi guys!!
Sorry for so many questions but I just picked Todd up from Florida! We just got home and I haven’t completed his night box yet.... hopefully my husband can get it done by this week!:)
The weather in East Texas right now is about in the 40s at night so I’m keeping him inside for now at night until the night box is done! What can I do to keep this as less stressful as possible?! Keep him in a small area with towel?! Or does anyone have any other ideas for me until I get it done?! Thank you!!

As you can see in the picture, inside of my enclosure I have to board up the edges so he doesn’t try to get through.

IMG_2097.jpgIMG_2109.jpgIMG_2112.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings..

You definitely want him inside in some kind of a closed off space, that “might” get messy. You also want to make sure that room is toasty especially at Sully level. Do you have heating arranged?

Hes probably already a bit stressed...so u don’t want cold and stressed.

I doubt a towel will do much, maybe some layers of cardboard, an old carpet.

Maybe a cardboard box turned upside down for a “hide”.

Best of luck.

DallysW

Longview TX
Greetings..

You definitely want him inside in some kind of a closed off space, that “might” get messy. You also want to make sure that room is toasty especially at Sully level. Do you have heating arranged?

Hes probably already a bit stressed...so u don’t want cold and stressed.

I doubt a towel will do much, maybe some layers of cardboard, an old carpet.

Maybe a cardboard box turned upside down for a “hide”.

Best of luck.

He’s in my closet which is dark & cozy. I was thinking putting a heating pad on low under the towel to keep warm also. Good idea or no?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
He’s in my closet which is dark & cozy. I was thinking putting a heating pad on low under the towel to keep warm also. Good idea or no?

Id say no to the heating pad....unless it is a Kane or Stanfield.

Make sure “cozy” means 80F or above where your Sully is. Floors are cold.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Can you give him a bathroom maybe??use a heater (set up where he can’t get to it )to keep the whole room toasty warm. Give him a hide of some sort... I just got home with a signal and saw your message.. mine are sulking having to stay inside but they all have heated enclosures inside because they are still young.. Toretto is the biggest at 6lbs and she will move outside next spring.. by then, we will have a heated building for her.

DallysW

Longview TX
Can you give him a bathroom maybe??use a heater (set up where he can’t get to it )to keep the whole room toasty warm. Give him a hide of some sort... I just got home with a signal and saw your message.. mine are sulking having to stay inside but they all have heated enclosures inside because they are still young.. Toretto is the biggest at 6lbs and she will move outside next spring.. by then, we will have a heated building for her.

Oh okay sorry i forgot yours were still small. Yes I have him in my small closet which is warm with a big towel so he’s not on the floor.