What are these weeds?

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Good afternoon, I am not very good at identifying weeds but I'm trying to feed him as many natural ones as possible. Does anybody know what these three are? And if they are good for sulcatas or not. One has prickers all over it I didn't know if that was prickly lettuce or not.20171115_135353.jpg20171115_135057.jpg

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I cant right now, sorry. Where I live they spray the lawn so I drive 10 miles away to my parents house and grab weeds from their yard.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I cant right now, sorry. Where I live they spray the lawn so I drive 10 miles away to my parents house and grab weeds from their yard.
Are there many lawn weeds toxic to torts? Been looking on line at the toxic ones, and couldnt find any that looked like this.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Good afternoon, I am not very good at identifying weeds but I'm trying to feed him as many natural ones as possible. Does anybody know what these three are? And if they are good for sulcatas or not. One has prickers all over it I didn't know if that was prickly lettuce or not.View attachment 222927View attachment 222928
The one in the bottom pic that is long and narrow on the right is a type of plantain. Very good for torts!
The others would be easier to identify with the whole plant.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
The one in the bottom pic that is long and narrow on the right is a type of plantain. Very good for torts!
The others would be easier to identify with the whole plant.
The next time I make it over to my parents to grab some fresh weeds I will take some pictures and post them. Until then I will hold off on the ones I'm not sure about. Thank you very much for the feedback. I've only been a member for a couple weeks and it seems like I'm asking a question every couple days. I dont want to be the needy memeber lol. Thanks again!!

Bambam1989

East Texas
The next time I make it over to my parents to grab some fresh weeds I will take some pictures and post them. Until then I will hold off on the ones I'm not sure about. Thank you very much for the feedback. I've only been a member for a couple weeks and it seems like I'm asking a question every couple days. I dont want to be the needy memeber lol. Thanks again!!
It's always good to ask questions.
Here is a link to the tortoise table for the plantain if you want to verify.
http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/plant-database/viewplants/?plant=807&c=6#.Wgy2djOIbqA

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Top one is prickly sow thistle. Even if I've got the common name wrong (Which is possible and likely…), I know it is safe for tortoises because I've been feeding it to them for decades.

I don't know the left one in the lower pic. Need a better pic of that one.

The right one in the lower pic is a narrow leaf plantain (Plantago sp.) and that one is not only good for them, but they really love it too. All of mine like the narrow leaf plantain even better than the broad leaf type.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Top one is prickly sow thistle. Even if I've got the common name wrong (Which is possible and likely…), I know it is safe for tortoises because I've been feeding it to them for decades.

I don't know the left one in the lower pic. Need a better pic of that one.

The right one in the lower pic is a narrow leaf plantain (Plantago sp.) and that one is not only good for them, but they really love it too. All of mine like the narrow leaf plantain even better than the broad leaf type.
You were definitely right on that, he tore the plantain up. He wasn't too keen on the sow thistle, will keep introducing it to him and hopefully he will like it eventually.