Watery Poop

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sulphur, LA
Theses also help to enhance the store bought foods. My Redfoot enjoys them.
Also Alex is right about the hay. I found that orchid bark or reptibark works the best.
I have some of those toppers too. They smell nice and my sulcata loves it!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Buy some Mazuri Tortoise Diet or Zoo Med Forest Tortoise Diet. Moisten it. Rf tortoises really go for the Mazuri and it has the fiber your tortoise needs to firm up its poop

EddieMaher

MD
Buy some Mazuri Tortoise Diet or Zoo Med Forest Tortoise Diet. Moisten it. Rf tortoises really go for the Mazuri and it has the fiber your tortoise needs to firm up its poop
I have this food. I’ve been hesitant to give it to him because it had protein. Was told only to give protein 1x a week

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I have this food. I’ve been hesitant to give it to him because it had protein. Was told only to give protein 1x a week
Mazuri and most pellets contain plant-based protein, which is present in almost all plants or mushrooms in small amounts (some have significantly more like alfalfa).
The recommendation for feeding protein once a week is for the animal matter (eggs, meat, insects and such).
Mazuri should not be fed daily, though - just add a few pellets once-twice a week as a supplement. Or mush with new foods.

EddieMaher

MD
I'm glad he's doing better! Did you get test results? What kind of worms were found and what was prescribed? That's in educational purposes :))
Yeah, he’s much better. I’ve noticed he’s more active and eating a lot.

I’m not sure what he had. I took him to an exotic vet and vet tech expertise in tortoise/turtle. Once the vet saw the poop samples he said he’s loaded with worms and recommended the dewormer. He said he was going to then test him for stuff the dewormer wouldn’t work on. They sent this text

Frankie fecal result came back negative for ova, parasites, & Giardia.
If you have any inquiries please contact us

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Yeah, he’s much better. I’ve noticed he’s more active and eating a lot.

I’m not sure what he had. I took him to an exotic vet and vet tech expertise in tortoise/turtle. Once the vet saw the poop samples he said he’s loaded with worms and recommended the dewormer. He said he was going to then test him for stuff the dewormer wouldn’t work on. They sent this text

Frankie fecal result came back negative for ova, parasites, & Giardia.
If you have any inquiries please contact us

Ok, thanks for the update!
I still wonder what dewormer has been prescribed.. Perhaps it was Panacur... And you might see worms (maybe even moving) in his stool if it worked...

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
As I posted after a dewormer or antibiotics a probiodic is great for the goodie guys in his tummy. Wish you the best and a speedy recovery