Watermelon

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
Have another question for the fellow tort lovers. I have tried to give Wilbur some pieces of watermelon a few times now, and he does not seem all that interested in it. Should I just keep trying to give it to him, or try strawberries instead?

Thanks in advance

sahdjb

5 Year Member
St. Petersburg, FL
My sulcata is the same way with strawberries, I was wondering if I should keep trying - he does seem to like watermelon though!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I would just wait and try again when Wilbur is a little older, no point in forcing fruit on him if he doesn't want it...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Keep in mind, that sulcatas do not 'need' any fruit at all! I offer watermelon twice during the summer...and pumpkin weekly during Fall. If they refuse it...which seems wierd to me...that's probably better. Just give them their natural diet and if they don't crave treats...all the better!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
DeanS said:
Keep in mind, that sulcatas do not 'need' any fruit at all! I offer watermelon twice during the summer...and pumpkin weekly during Fall. If they refuse it...which seems wierd to me...that's probably better. Just give them their natural diet and if they don't crave treats...all the better!

Excellent point...my torts get a treat of fruit once a month, because offering more often gives them VERY loose stools. Sulcatas, leopards, Europeans, etc. rarely, if ever, encounter fruits like melons or strawberries in the wild. :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.