Water conditioner for tortoises?

Gooch

Hi guys, Gooch here. I was looking around for a water conditioner for my tortoises bath water, and I saw that I had some Seachem Prime Water Conditioner for my fish, and my question is, can I use water conditioner meant for fish on my tortoise? Thanks in advance.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If your tap water is safe to drink for you, then you don't need any chemical additives or "conditioners". They are not like fish that are living in and breathing the water.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
This is for a Russian?

I agree. If you can drink your tap water then there's no need to condition it. Use it fresh from the tap. That's the best you can get :)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Echoing what the others said - and if you don't drink your tap water just use the water that you DO drink. We lived in a place with a bad well that was full of iron and sulfur. We had to take 10 gallon jugs and fill them weekly at a friends house. The tortoises bathed in that.

Mr Buster

Reno NV
Careful though in the winter if you live in a cold climate. My water comes out of the tap icy cold. To save time waiting for the hot water I keep a couple gallon jugs at room temperature sitting out.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Careful though in the winter if you live in a cold climate. My water comes out of the tap icy cold. To save time waiting for the hot water I keep a couple gallon jugs at room temperature sitting out.
I just mix water from the hot tap with the cold. Joe prefers his baths warm :)